WAR GAME

Ch 11: WARGAME

ENJOY!!

.....................

An open plain field with a single imposing castle standing upright, surrounded by woods and mountains which could be seen in the distance with streams of water running down the small hills in form of many waterfalls sparkling as they fell in the lakes down below. With the wind brushing past filled with many flavours, with bright sun over on the horizon rising slowly bringing with it warmth, dispelling the cold night.

This was indeed a very picturesque scene often described in fairy tales.

This was a paradise for nature lovers and artists but too bad since no one here seemed to care one bit about such beauty. They were focused entirely on their work with many small and big crates constantly entering the castle using a draw bridge over the moat filled with water. It was a highly fortified stronghold with thick high walls with multiple towers encompassing it from all sides.

It was truly striking with workers stopping from time to time to catch a breath and gazing at this impressive build. Awe struck for a time and then continuing the work. Right now, they were transferring all the needed resources like food and weapons for this wargame.

Today was the first day and it had yet to start. Both Familia had been given some time to complete the initial preparations and to get used to the surroundings.

"How long till it begins?"

"Why in such a hurry?"

"I just want to crush them and get this over with"

"Yeah, but we're gonna be here for quite a while anyway so relax enjoy"

There was no worry here. The atmosphere was easy as if just some small occasion was taking place.

While such idle conversations were taking place, two girls roughly around the same age were standing on top of the wall staring at the unknown. They were here to look after all the logistics and to make sure no one slacked as well as to prevent any unforeseen accidents.

One of the two looked carefree, even bored while the other one looked worried with expression of distress visible on her face. After a while she turned to her co-league

"Daphne let's leave here. Please" she pleaded to the Daphne. It seemed she was utterly serious about this even though such comment didn't make sense here

Hearing Cassandra, Daphne's face contorted in annoyance. "Hah!? Again, with your nonsense" This wasn't the first time this friend of her asked this. This was happening since last night. Apparently, she had seen a dream in which the castle fell which was obviously hard to believe for anyone given the situation

"No. I saw it fall-" Cassandra insisted and tried one more time but was interrupted by furious Daphne "Enough!? Even if we want to back off, you think that's possible?"

"B-But I..."

After some stuttering, Cassandra eventually stopped after noticing something over on the Horizon. It was a pallum she was acquainted with, but something was off. Seeing that Pallum increased her worry with a frown appearing on her face "The Trojan Horse....!" She softly muttered with no one in the vicinity hearing her.

She kept a close eye on said Pallum until he entered the castle and then shut her eyes as if she saw nothing.

................................

While Apollo Familia was busy, Hestia Familia had nothing much to do. They didn't need all that many supplies and their preparations were mostly done

"That a good luck charm Bell" Welf was looking at a small pendant in Bells hand. It was beautiful with an intricate design and a fairy rising to the sky with her wings fully opened drawn on the surface. Bell got this on the way here by a waitress from Hostess Fertility, it seemed her name was Syr