Climax(1)

Ch 19: Climax (1)

ENJOY!!

…………………………………

“So that’s his decision? I expected no less...”

Over on the northern side of the Red-light district, Hermes could be seen standing, donning his favorite hate and a sharp but amused look in his eyes. He could see pretty much everything taking place down there but never interfered.

He wanted to know the decision the boy would make and indeed, what happened was just what he thought. The boy was compassionate and more than anything, determined to fulfill his goal whatever that might be.

This sort of thinking could only be seen among two types of people. One famous for their devilry and one famous for their heroism and the boy down there was the latter of the two.

“They’ve come!”

As he was focused on happenings taking place there, Asfi who stood right behind him spoke up. She was looking in a different direction using her binoculars. From there, she could see several silhouettes coming to the front gate and bickering with the gatekeepers. 

“Now let’s see what you’re made of!”

Hearing Asfi, Hermes too turned around looking in the same direction. Bell had already shown him what he wanted to see and now it was time for the other one. 

The argument there seemed intense, but it all changed. Suddenly the man he was waiting for stepped forward and then… everything trembled.

“This?!”

What exactly was going on here?

Asfi couldn’t help but call out. She couldn’t even close her mouth in pure astonishment. What just happened in front of her was just too incredible.

Amazoness who were keeping watch everywhere fell all at once. So many of them just lost consciousness suddenly and lay on the ground, motionless.

This was too bizarre and something she had never seen or experienced before, and all this happened after that sudden burst of pure power. She didn’t know what that power was, but it was too formidable to be comprehended and too striking to be defined in mere words. 

There was only one thing that came to mind, one word that might explain it all ‘INCOMPREHENSIBLE’ and that was it.

That said, although she didn’t know what it was, she very clearly knew where it came from.

It was ‘that’ man. She saw it all with her own eyes but still couldn’t believe it. Could one man hold such power and such might?

 She felt ‘something’. It wasn’t a very clear feeling that came from her very soul, but it existed and affected her.

Perhaps it was fear or dread or maybe awe. Whatever might be the case, she knew one thing. That man couldn’t be messed with under any circumstances.

Thinking till here, she turned to Hermes who had turned silent after witnessing this event.

She called out to him, “Herm-”, only to be stopped midway.

“Hehe…”

Hermes let out a faint chuckle as if laughing at himself.

He had made such an elaborate plan and was so nervous if it would come to be and yet now said plan seemed to have turned into a joke.

The reason for doing all this was very simple, to test Bell’s resolve as well as Zoro’s power. He had heard much about his abilities from both outside and inside but never witnessed them first-hand. According to his plan, Ishtar would go after Bell which should prompt Hestia Familia and allies to come knocking on their doors, beginning their fight but he never once believed for them to be successful in this endeavor.