Aftermath && Additions

CH 12: Aftermath && Additions

ENJOY!!...

.....................................

War game, an event taking place after decades came to a surprising end. Last such event had taken place about 20 years ago between two strongest familia at the time and that too ended in an astounding manner.

This war game had entire city and even beyond looking over, excitingly since there was hardly any other form of entertainment. That said, the intensity of this war game was faar from being comparable to the ones from olden times, but the stakes were as high if not more so. On top of that, it was an impossible victory scenario, one no one expected to take place. After all the power difference was just two high between both sides but that ended up heightening Hestia Familia's fame to next levels.

Perhaps their impact wouldn't be so high if not for this despairing contrast in power but since it was the way it was, their battle became a legend. Their victory became a myth.

The fights that took place became a common point of discussion among everyone since hardly anyone especially normal civilians had seen such battles. These fights gave birth to raging flames in young hearts, motivating them to risk it. If they too could become part of such struggles and leave their names behind, what else was needed?

On top of that, huge amount of money had flowed in Orario on this day, changing their destinations. There were those who danced in excitement and those who drowned in their sorrows. Some daredevils got rich overnight while those sensible once were left broke. Those with good heads managed to mitigate the initial damage with later events while others just stared dazingly in empty air.

Regardless, Hestia Familia became a renowned name both inside and outside Orario with them becoming the centre of attention while Apollo Familia was for the most part forgotten by everyone.

A day after the war game, Apollo could be seen leaving Orario with few of his subordinates. It was true that even members of the familia didn't like each other and some even hated Apollo for what he had done over time. He was like a tyrant using any means necessary to get what he wanted and so his image couldn't be any worse inside his own group. BUT there were also those who truly were close to him. Who truly loved and respected him and who truly didn't wish to be separated from him. And so, they broke the rules and left alongside their patron from Orario.

"Where did it all go wrong?" Apollo whispered to himself after going a distance. He turned around, looking behind at the city walls and that behemoth gate from where they made their exit. He remembered his familia, his wealth, his actions and so much more. He remembered the mansion he had personally decorated.

How long had it taken for him to establish his own place? The kind of hardships they had to go through and deal with to make end meets. He remembered his feelings from when he just came down. He was so excited and headstrong back then. What had it felt to have first member? The kind of glee looking at their progress and staying positive all over.

"Haah...!" his hunger destroyed everything. How good would it have been to stay the same, optimistic but happy. Now he was left with nothing except for the first members who joined. These were his familia, his true family who wouldn't abandon him, he was certain.

"Let's go" giving city one last look, he turned on his heels. Leaving behind all of these emotions. Now he had to begin from the very beginning but this time he wouldn't make the same mistakes. Atleast he would try not to.

..............

The effect of this Wargame could be felt all over Orario even after a week had passed. Of the two hundred, about twenty had ended up perishing on the spot while around ten succumbed to their injuries while being treated. Number of deaths was higher than anticipated so a council had been setup to decide the aftermath.