NOT A PLAYTHING

27 June 1840
London

It's been over a month since Yibo last saw Sean. He started attending more proms and masquerades with his sister just in a hope that he'll meet Sean again. But it was never the case. And nobody can help him either because absolutely no one knows about Viscount Sean Xiao's background. All they know is that he's a man with endless riches and luxuries. 

'Was I just a plaything?.. a toy for killing his time?' Yibo felt used and wronged.

 He still remembers the beautiful dream he saw the night they met the last time, the night he shared the most memorable kiss with that man. He saw Sean Kissing him in his dream, caressing his face, whispering sweet nothings in his ears. He was even able to smell the fragrance of lavender and sweet Vanilla that lingers on the elder's body in his dream. But that was the last time he felt that comforting warmth.

He was sitting in his room by the window, when he heard his sister's sweet voice calling him.

"Brother! Lady Veronica is here!" She called.

"Okay sister!" He replied in same tone.

'It's Okay Yibo. You can do whatever you want. It's not like he'll care.. Haah... He must have found a new plaything by now. You don't need to remember his shallow words.' Yibo huffed with a pout before exiting his room.

He went towards the living room where Lady Veronica was waiting for him.

The moment she saw Yibo descending from the stairs, She sprang up and hopped towards Yibo, who already was contemplating his life decisions

'Maybe I don't need to hangout with her to move on.' Yibo thought and turned back towards his room, but Veronica already clung to his arm like a snake. 

"Where are you going My Lord?" She said in a fake baby voice, making Yibo cringe.

'Why the heck am I so stupid? It's better to curse Sean Xiao while sitting in my room than to go on a lunch date with her.'  Yibo wept in his head.

"My lord~" Yibo was snapped out of his thoughts by the irritating whines of the girl clinging to him.

"Ye-Yes Lady Veronica?" Yibo asked Sheepishly, plastering a fake smile on his face.

"Lets go for our tea party My Lord." She chirped, intentionally brushing her chest to Yibo's arm, disgusting him to the core.

"Yeah sure.." Yibo said with a sigh of resignation. 

'You brought this upon yourself. Yibo Wang' He thought before accepting his fate.

They went towards the garden which was already set for their little tea party.

They sat under the gazebo, admiring the landscape. More like Yibo admiring the landscape and Veronica trying her best to capture his attention.

 More like Yibo admiring the landscape and Veronica trying her best to capture his attention