NUMBNESS

"She is.... My Wife..." Sean revealed.

For Yibo, his whole world crashed just before his eyes. What was a beautiful dream, felt like a nightmare now. He was so devastated that even tears betrayed to fall from his doe eyes. He stumbled back a little. Sean tried to hold him but Yibo dodged his touch. 

"She... is your wife..." Yibo whispered, but it sounded more like a question.

"Yes Yibo but it's-" Sean was immediately cutoff by another whisper.

"You... are her husband..." Yibo's head was bowed low.

"Yes darli-" 

"You both are each other's...." Yibo whispered, but was not able to complete his sentence due to the lump in his throat.

"It's not how-" 

"Who am I then? Viscount Sean Xiao?" Yibo asked in a firm voice, locking gaze with the elder.

Sean "......."

Yibo just stared at Sean with bloodshot eyes, not a single tear dropping, looking murderous.

 It's not  like Sean didn't want to answer, but he was too stunned and intimidated by the younger's aura. He never felt scared of anyone the way he is feeling after watching Yibo's expression. 

Yibo, when getting no answer, just let out a dry chuckle.

"I'll be going then Viscount Xiao." Yibo simply stated and turned around. Sean tried to approach him but stopped when he heard a familiar voice yelling his name.

"Sean! Love where are you? I am scared!" Aurelia yelled from her room. 

Yibo chuckled without turning to look at Sean.

"You should go Viscount Xiao. Your love is calling you." Yibo commented dryly, voice sounding playful, but his eyes were telling a totally different story.

"Yibo.. Just wait for me at your brother's house. I'll come to you in a while darling." Sean stated, but it sounded more like begging.

"No need Viscount Xiao. Please give your precious time to your wife. I am no one." With that, Yibo walked away, his head held high as always. 

The scream came a little louder this time.

"Sean!?" Aurelia called again.

Sean had no other option but to go towards the yelling lady. 

Simon just stood there, watching everything. His heart felt heavy. He was able to feel Sean's helplessness as well as Yibo's pain. But he couldn't do anything.

"I won't let this happen.." Was all he muttered before getting out of the mansion.

Sean went towards Aurelia's room. The lady was sitting gracefully on the bed. She smiled when she saw Sean approaching her.

"Sean. You came-" Her chirp was cutoff by Sean.

"Say it." Was all Sean said with a cold gaze.

"W-What are you t-talking Sean?" She replied meekly.

"Why did you come back?" Sean asked, his hands folded on his chest.

"Why Sean? You are mine. Why can't I come to you.? Don't you want me anymore?" She whimpered timidly, eyes watering. Sean just sighed.

"Don't play Dumb Aurelia. Weren't you the one who ran away with my brother after locking my powers for 20 years? Now why are you back after a whole century?" Sean snapped coldly.

"S-Sean! It's not what you think love. I never ran away. It was your brother who kidnapped me. He was the one who locked your powers. I-I love you hon-" She was cut off again.