[1] The famous classmate

[A/N] If you like the chapter please consider to vote and leave a comment. That shows me that you enjoy the story and motivates me to continue it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

June 2022 – New York City

It was a sunny afternoon in New York City, when y/n headed out of the subway station "Times Sq – 42nd street". She was on her way to Carlo's bakery – which was her favorite bakery since she had seen the show "Cake boss" in TV for so many years. After binge-watching the first two seasons she finally made it to the bakery in Manhattan the first time almost three years ago. The show had a lot of fans since the beginning, but the real hype started about a year ago when everybody was forced to stay at home because of the lockdown. People were watching more TV because there was not much to do otherwise. So right after the lockdown had ended people overrun Carlo's bakery to get some of their famous cakes or canoli. She avoided the bakery since then, because standing in a line for two hours at least just to get a cake was just a waste of time in her opinion. Although the cakes were amazing and eating on of them made her little fangirl heart beating faster than usual.

But today was a special day! So special that she would wait in line as long as she had to, to buy a beautiful birthday cake for her best friend Christina. She was a fan of the show as well but never had a cake from Carlo's bakery before, so she decided that now for her 40th birthday it's about time!

She met Christina on a film set right before the pandemic hits in the beginning of 2020. Christina was a famous actress who used to appear in different TV series in the last years. She never did an A-list movie so far, that's why she was really nervous after the filming for her first big movie started in January 2020. Y/n was a make-up artist in the filming industry and was supposed to be Christina's personal make-up artist. The two of them immediately had a good connection and ended up being friends after a few weeks.
Christina was very insecure about how she was performing in the movie so y/n cheered her up and supported her as good as she could. She was on set for every scene Christina needed her emotional support and ended up hugging her all the time. Christina was very grateful to have someone like y/n around her and y/n was happy to find a new friend.

Ever since she moved to New York six years ago she felt very lonely in that crowded city. She was never a person with many friends around her – mostly because she moved around the country a lot. Right after graduating from High School in Davenport, IA most of her friends went to College or University nearby – most of them somehow ended in Chicago. But y/n always knew that she wanted to become a make-up artist and that's why she never studied. Right after the graduation she talked to her parents and told them that she wanted to move to Los Angeles to start an internship at an agency for make-up artists. She would be able to learn how to be successful in the industry she always wanted to work in: the film and TV industry.

Of course y/n's parents were concerned of seeing her daughter move across the country all alone, but they agreed in the end and helped her prepare everything that was necessary. They even gave her all the savings out of her college fonds to make life easier in LA because the salary at the internship was very low.

It felt like it was yesterday when she finally moved to LA – but that was 12 years ago this summer. After six years in LA she had finally made a name for herself in the industry, but LA was full of make-up artists and they all wanted to be in either the film and TV or the modelling industry. So one night after she got rejected for a job she really wanted to get y/n decided that maybe moving the New York would be the right step. And that was exactly what she did a week later.

In NY she focused even more on her job and was rewarded with good arrangements for different movie productions. One of them was a job as personal make-up artist for Christina on set for her new (and first!) big movie.