[4] She is probably engaged or married

[A/N] If you like the chapter please consider to vote and leave a comment. That shows me that you enjoy the story and motivates me to continue it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

June 2022 – Somewhere between New Brunswick and New York City in a taxi

Right after the party - Sebastian's POV
He heard Anthony's voice talking about the evening, but he wasn't paying him full attention. His mind was settling around y/n and their talks and laughter this evening. Something in her green eyes amazed him and made him feel comfortable. She was so.. so normal. So honest. So authentic. But also so special – although she was not realizing that.

In his industry honest and authentic people are very rare. That's why he loves to be around Anthony, because he is also just himself. Sebastian hates small-talking to other actors and actresses, because most of them are lying and trying to look perfect all the time. They all want to look like they have no problems, no doubts and of course thanks to botox: no wrinkles.

But talking with y/n was different. She shared her honest opinion not thinking about "could that destroy any job opportunities" all the time. He admired that. He wished he had her self-confidence, because although he was a famous actor, he was very insecure most of the time. He avoided seeing himself on the screen, because he always notices the mistakes he made during filming: a wrong movement or a little late response on his co-stars. He saw every little mistake and he didn't like that these not-perfect-scenes are in the movie. He is too much of a perfectionist.

But y/n appeared to be very self-confident and she even caught him lying about the cocktail. She could read his eyes like an open book. That was exciting and frightening at the same time.

"Hey, Mr. Loverboy. Still thinking about that woman?", Anthony asked and laughed.

"What? No! I am just tired, sorry.", Sebastian answered and hoped Anthony would buy that. Thankfully he did.

"I still don't get why you haven't asked for her number. You two clearly had a good chemistry!", Anthony said looking straight into Sebastians eyes.

Sebastian shook his head and answered: "It was a very nice evening, but she had a ring on her left hand. She is probably engaged or married. So I think it would be impropriate to ask for her number. Besides you don't ask for someone's number just because you had one nice evening."

Anthony sighed but nodded in agreement. A few minutes later the cap arrived at Sebastian's apartment and both left the car. Anthony was sleeping on his couch – the first time ever by the way. Although he said something different in dozens of interviews during their press tour of Captain America: Civil war and Avengers: Infinity War.

When he arrived yesterday Anthony saw his apartment for the first time in real life and also the couch that he was talking about a few years ago.

June 2022 – New York City

They entered the building and arrived at Sebastian's floor. He put his key in the door and opened it. They were in a little anteroom with a door that headed into the real apartment. Both men took off their shoes, put their jackets on a coat at the wall and went to settle down on the couch. "I was right back then. It IS a comfortable couch!" Anthony said and laughed. Sebastian smiled at him and answered: "Well from now on you can tell everybody how amazing my couch is, because now you really know it."

As they had a few beers and cocktails on the party Sebastian opened more than usual. He was more of the "stand in the back and observe everything"-guy. But today he was very communicative. "It was very nice to see Christina again. We had some crazy times at Rutgers together. To be honest all men wanted to sleep with her, because she was even more beautiful than today." He said.

Anthony raised his eyebrow and responded: "All men? That included you?"

Sebastian laughed and said "No, not me. She was always a good friend. Actually a very good friend. We had a lot of crazy club nights and karaoke parties during college time. But when I decided to go to London as an exchange student she left behind and graduated before us. When I came back we were not able to stay in touch. That's why I was so surprised that she invited me to her party. So I rescheduled a few things to be able to be there. And I am glad I did."

"Because you met y/n?" Anthony said but he didn't get an answer - only a punch on his arm as response. Sebastian yawned, said Goodnight to Anthony and went upstairs into his bedroom.

"Yeah I met y/n. Kind of sad that she is engaged or married or whatever. I could ask Christina to be sure. But that would be very suspicious. And I don't want to be disappointed – again." He thought. His last 'relationship' ended a few months ago, but it was an arranged one. She was good-looking but they just didn't have any chemistry so that he could even think about having a real date with her. His team prepared a break-up coup with another actress. He didn't understand all the drama. He just wanted to make a public announcement that they split-up, but his team said that this wouldn't be good or whatever.

He just wanted to be an actor – he never liked the whole PR stuff. Meeting fans on the other hand was always fun. That's why he loved being at conventions.

"I would love to date a 'normal' person – someone outside the fake business. But all the bullshit that is going on here would overwhelm someone who is not used to it. It is even overwhelming me and I am an actor for a very very long time. Dating someone like y/n would be the jackpot. She knows all the struggle of the industry but is still an amazingly normal human being."

When he started thinking about y/n again he put both of his hands on his face and shook his head. He didn't want to think about that because y/n was engaged or married. No need to even think about whatever could happen between them. He decided that his weird thoughts are based on the alcohol and went straight into bed – trying to not think or dream about y/n.