[19] Despair

[A/N] If you like the chapter please consider to vote and leave a comment. That shows me that you enjoy the story and motivates me to continue it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

CW: This chapter is hard stuff. If you don't feel good with reading it, please skip.
Warning: emotional roller coaster, descriptions of injuries and accidents.

December 5th 2022 - Atlanta
Flashback
„Please don't cry, prinţesă. I don't like to see you like that. I love you too much to see you hurt like that." Seb said with a lovable voice - y/n could see sparkles and passion in his eyes.

The biggest possible firework exploded in her stomach, she placed her hand above Sebastian's - that was still on her cheek - and she answered:

„I love you too, honey. You can't even imagine how much."

Realtime
Y/N could see tears in the edge of his eyes when she said the words that needed to be said between them for a while.

Yeah their relationship was a roller coaster and it was a fast one. The didn't know each other long but when you realize that the other person is 'the one' you don't want to waste time with each other. There was no blueprint for love.

It felt right for y/n to say the words and in Sebastian's eyes she could tell that he felt the same. They loved each other. And it took a damn accident to confess it.

Couldn't it be in another way?

Sebastian placed his arm next to his abdomen again and she could see the pain in his eyes.

"Are you in pain, honey?" she asked with a concerned voice while she fell down on her chair again - grabbing Sebastian's hand. After hours of holding his cold and lifeless hand he finally squeezed hers back.

"No, I'm fine." he lied.

"I can see that you're lying. Remember? Eyes never lie." she sighed and forced herself to smile at him.

"Okay. I am in pain. But I'm just enjoying every second of us. Didn't want to destroy the moment, you know." he whispered.

"I'm gonna get a doctor. Then he can explain to you what happened and what they did in the surgery. He explained it to me this night already. But I didn't understand half of the words, so I won't be able to tell you." she said and raised her body from the chair. She leaned over him again and finally gave him a kiss on his lips. He deepens the kiss before they broke apart so that he could breath again. Y/N could tell that he was still not breathing properly and it seemed like the deep breaths that he was taking right now hurt him - although he tried to maintain a straight face.

She left the room to look for Dr. Smith and found him in his office. He sat behind a huge desk and typed in his computer - glasses on his nose.

Y/N cleared her throat and Dr. Smith raised his head to see the visitor in his door frame.

"Miss Y/L/N, how can I help you?" he asked with a friendly smile.

"Sebastian... ehm... Mr. Stan is awake. He woke up 10 minutes ago. I wanted to let you know. And he is in pain, although he tries to deny it. I saw it in his eyes." she answered him with a slightly concerned expression on her face.

Dr. Smith grabbed the glasses and placed them on the desk - looks like he only needs them to read on the computer screen.

"I will let the nurse bring him some more painkillers. He will get it through the IV. I'll be around in an hour to check his wound and change the plasters on his side. Also I will explain to him what happened and how his recovery will be going. How are YOU feeling? You look better than an hour ago." he observed her closely.