Chapter 10

Steadying all of the shopping bags in his hand, Jungkook makes use of his knee to push the front door open after unlocking it, thereby ushering him inside.

With a tired groan, he carefully places each bag down on the counter top, careful not to break nor damage fragile supplies and ingredients. Jimin had since given him the proper procedure to follow when grocery shopping for the house and thankfully, that was exactly what he did.

He felt utterly exhausted, the only thing he wanted to do at the moment was shower and take a very good nap, before getting into the mood for organizing. That's of course only after checking up on his so called boss.

Unfortunately, all his plans were brought to an abrupt halt as his cellphone blared out, announcing an incoming call from Namjoon. Jungkook groaned internally, wiping a palm over his face as he reached behind his back pocket.

Sliding the green circle to the right, he brings the phone up to his ear, "What now?"

"You need to be present at the elementary this instant" Namjoon informs, curt and straight forward.

"Huh, what's going on?"

"Dali got into some sort of argument with a fellow classmate, which inturn resulted in a brawl between the two of them. I came by to pick her up and I was told to summon her legal guardian immediately, I tried reaching out to Hoseok but his cellphone isn't even connecting. So, drop whatever it is you're doing right now and get your ass over here"

Before Jungkook could press him more for any further information, Namjoon dropped the call.

"He's always in a damn hurry" Jungkook mumbled underneath his breath and headed straight for the stairs.

Gently creaking Seokjin's door open, he slowly peaked his head in, curious to know what his stubborn ass was up to and for the record, he knew the boy was never up to no good. But fortunately, he is surprised to see him curled up in bed underneath the covers, drifting far away into dreamland.

A small thank goodness, escapes his lips as he gently shut the door behind him and decended down the stairs.

As soon as he returned to the kitchen, he grabs his wallet and keys off the counter and exited the mansion, heading towards town and to Dali's school.
**********

The drive to town was more excruciating than he'd expected, due to the unplanned traffic jam he'd ruthlessly encountered. But nevertheless, he felt more than glad when he eventually pulled into the parking lot of the school, in one piece.

The exact minute he walked into the hallway, he immediately caught sight of his daughter and Namjoon engaged in an inaudible discussion while seated outside the principals office.

"Dali" he called out when he eventually walked up to them, crouching down in front of her to be on same height.

Turning his attention to Namjoon, Jungkook flashes him an appreciative smile for waiting behind with his daughter. "What happened?" He asked, concerned.

Namjoon exhaled and shrugged his shoulders, "She wouldn't tell me in details, do you mind trying?"

Jungkook nodded understandingly and returned his soft gaze to his daughter. "Baby what happened? What's wrong with your classmate?"

Dali's eyes remained glued to the ground beneath her feet, she was fidgeting with her fingers while still being unable to register her fathers presence.

Jungkook wasn't relenting, so he bugged her even further, "Yah, Jeon Dali, talk to me, what's going on?"

Gently lifting up her head, she whispers with glistening eyes and wobbly lips, "Can we talk on our way home Appa?"