Chapter 36

Ugh! Will they ever get to kiss or not?

That one question lingered on Seokjin's mind as he stared intently at the leads of the timeless romantic comedy currently playing on the screen in front of him. The characters according to him were more than infatuated with one another, wasn't that exactly what the screenwriter wanted the audience to perceive? So somebody sure needed to tell him why on earth he had been seated through the entire duration, only to see the characters hold hands, run around the fields and even share a few cheesy jokes between themselves, but are yet to kiss?

Moreover, wouldn't the kiss help them make clearer meaning of their feelings? Atleast that's what he'd read somewhere.

"If they aren't going to share a kiss, how else do I know they are inlove then?" Seokjin questions himself, almost grumbling inbetween as he stretched out his tired limbs while remembering all Dr Valerie had told him on her last visit. "Well she's a liar for making me see movies like these as this is a complete waste of my time. I'm more than certain my heart is only playing silly tricks on me, because come to think of it, isn't my heartbeat totally normal without Jungkook around?" He questions himself yet again, this time bringing up a palm to rest flatly on his chest. "If anything, I believe he's only trying to give me a heart attack in order to sell my house off to heaven knows who"

Seokjin's situation was sort of perplexing and quite laughable to say the least. Because as much as he tried to shun off whatever he felt towards Jungkook, there was this intense nudge at the back of his mind constantly reminding him otherwise. Although he wasn't ready to admit it, not now and probably not ever.

The wooden door is soon pushed open, thereby ushering a very tired looking Jungkook into the house. Carefully looking over his shoulder, Seokjin unconsciously steals a quick and sneaky glance at the man who was busy shrugging out out of his leather jacket in pure exhaustion.

"Seokjin?" Jungkook calls out rather softly, carefully walking towards the living room where the bright light coming from the TV casted a faint glow over the silhouette on the couch. "What are you doing there? And why is it so dark in here?"

In his entire life, Seokjin had never once reached for anything as fast as he reached for the remote in order to turn off the TV as the lights came on.

Four pair of eyes, two on each head peered at eachother in confusion. Although this was mostly Seokjin, as Jungkook on the other hand was rather perplexed as to what exactly the boy was doing in the living room with all the lights turned off.

"Are you okay__"

"Where have you been?"

Both questions flew out from each of their mouths at the exact same time.

"Mm, I thought I told you earlier that I'd be going to town for a meeting and also to see Dali?" Jungkook responds, nervously rubbing over his nape.

Scurrying up to feet, Seokjin looked around the living room like a lost pup who'd been separated from its owner. Although he very much preferred that to starring the man straight in the eye.

"I know I'm late though, and I'm really sorry, I got stuck in traf__"

"No! It's fine!" He tries to make light of the situation, because he could just sense how extremely awkward he was being around his caregiver. "It's totally fine, you do not have to apologize"

Letting out a sigh of relief, Jungkook grins softly, "Thank you sir Seokjin" he joked, before adding "but still, I should have began my journey back home on time in order to prepare dinner"

"Dinner?" Seokjin asks inbetween a nonchalant shrug and maybe a sheepish grin too. "You absolutely do not need to worry about dinner, infact I'm going to bed right now" he announced as he pushed passed Jungkook with his head buried to the ground.