Chapter 37

Standing dejectedly outside the front door, Jungkook takes a long look at the boy who seemed to be stuck between the last foot of the stairs and the opened door. It was clear that his feet and his heart were engaged in some kind of combat regarding his impulsive decision from earlier.

Witnessing this, Jungkook drags in yet another raggedy breath before marching up to the boy, where he then proceeded to gently rest both of his palms on either sides of his broad shoulders. All the while taking a very observant look at his pale face and expressionless eyes.

"I told you this earlier Seokjin, you don't have to do this if you don't want to. I've lost count of how many times I've told you that whatever is going with me is all personal issues and it has absolutely nothing to do with you. I'm not quitting my job and have no intention to ever do so__"

"But__"

"No buts_" Jungkook interrupts him mid sentence, thereby cutting him off.

"Do you remember how extremely difficult it was for you make it past this front door for the first time? Or better still, do you remember how hard it was for you to let your guard down to fully trust me? Seokjin I know everything, and I know non of this is easy for you, I mean c'mon it's not easy for any of us, hence why I do not want you making the decision of going to town with me out of impulse. I know you're sacred that I won't be returning and I have no idea why you think that, but I'm assuring you that I will, moreover that's why I have Jimin coming over"

Staring down at his feet with a very sullen expression on his face, Seokjin blinked back the tears which threatened to roll down his cheeks at any minute. He wasn't oblivious to all Jungkook had said, if anything, he knew the man spoke nothing but the truth and he knew that he probably should listen to him instead of proving stubborn, but he just couldn't. Or rather he just didn't want to and he had no idea as to why exactly.

Seokjin knows and is obviously aware of all the phobias he's had to deal with in the past and even in the present, fears ranging from being out in the open to being surrounded by people he knew absolutely nothing about. But something in him somehow preferred to go through all of that with his caregiver, rather than have Jimin watch him while his caregiver was away.

Eventually lifting up his head to allow his eyes take in the disorientated state the man was in, he instantly felt overwhelmed with guilt. Not only was Jungkook already dressed to leave the house, but he was also running late and this was all because of him.

Gulping down a huge lump in his throat, Seokjin nodded in understanding. Watching a visible ray of relief wash over all of Jungkook's face and body, especially his previously tensed shoulders.

Jungkook couldn't help but let out a long groan while patting Seokjin on the shoulder. "Thank you for listening to me and understanding where I'm coming from. The truth is I probably will be the happiest person on earth the day you decide to overcome your fears on your own terms, but I just want you to know that today is not that day. You do not need to unnecessarily force yourself into anything Seokjin, it's very okay to take each day as it comes until you're fully ready okay?"

For the hundredth time that afternoon since the conversation started, Seokjin merely nodded without words. Swallowing rapidly as Jungkook's hands eventually slid off his shoulders.

"Jimin is super close, I could even stay with you until he gets here if you want" Jungkook suggests, whipping out his cellphone to send Jimin a confirmation message.

"No, you don't have to" Seokjin refutes, halting the man's actions mid way. "I'm sure Dali is expecting you by now, and I do not want to keep you here any longer. So go on ahead, I'll be fine on my own until Jimin arrives"