Chapter 32

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Properly placing her glasses over her eyes, Dr Valerie proceeds to gaze at the boy sitting in the middle of his bed with a pillow resting above both of his bended knees. He had a plain white T-shirt worn over a black jean with his hair pushed back by the aid of an elastic pokemon hair band. Also taking in the boy's demeanor, she could easily tell he looked a whole lot relaxed compared to when their sessions had newly begun. The lady smiled to herself, the kind which seemed to stretch out towards her bright eyes.

"You look different" She eventually began after her study, watching Seokjin acknowledge her utterance with a nod.

"And you look good too"

"Of course I do" he responds this time, sarcastically too.

A small chuckle escapes Dr Valerie lips as she crossed one of her leg over the other. "I must say I'm surprised you still wanted to see me after our last session. I thought you disliked me already and for some reason be the very last person you would have wanted to see"

"Actually you are" Seokjin cuts in even before she finished, frowning in her direction. "But my caregiver says our session is a must and it must continue for as long as I want. But I just know he means that for himself of course, definitely not for me" he added.

Well it was pretty obvious that she'd missed him by the laughter that escaped her lips. She'd greatly missed all of his crazy tactics and very blunt responses he often blurted out without a care in the world.

"Wow, that kind of hurt my feelings" She joked.

"What does?" Seokjin questions, squirming about in disinterest as he did.

"I mean it seems you only listen to your caregiver and not me, I guess you never really needed me in the first place don't you agree?"

Instead of yet another snarky and blunt response, Seokjin opted for quietness instead. His eyes now trailing from the lady's face towards the wide opened windows.

Seeing this, Dr Valerie purposefully swerves the conversation in a whole new direction. "So do you mind telling me how you've been lately? How has life been treating you?"

With a breathy huff through his nostrils as if he had been expecting that particular question, Seokjin says "Fine I guess, I did recently run out of the house on my own and I thought I was crazy at first, although I still think I am"

"Why? You think you're crazy because you ran out of the house on your own?"

"I don't really know" Seokjin says with an uncertain head shake. "I've not been outside this house since I was found and brought back home, so seeing how casually I ran outside without a care in the world really made me think I'm crazy"

No Seokjin, you aren't crazy at all. You only now seem to care for someone else besides yourself and you just don't know it yet.

Of course Dr Valerie knew how very unprofessional it would have sounded of her if she bombarded him with such an information, considering how she had heard it from Jungkook instead and not him. So grinning at the boy, she decided to save such an eye opener for another session with him.

Properly aligning her frame against her seat, she waves a hand in the air as a sign of stern disagreement. "You're not crazy Seokjin, you running out of the house and overcoming your life long fear doesn't make you crazy at all. It may make you somewhat paranoid and even scared of course, but definitely not crazy, do you hear me?"

"Do you think so?"

"I know so" She answers calmly, thankful for the sigh of relief that slipped Seokjin's lips.