Chapter 21

As soon as Dali made her way into the kitchen, Seokjin was already up on his feet, a arm wide open to receive the little one in a hug.

"Sir Seokjin!" She beams for the up-tenth time, her head pressing against Seokjin's stomach. "I missed you"

"Me too" Seokjin cooed at her, patting her on the head.

"Can you lift me up like Appa does?" Dali questioned, standing on her tippy toes with her arms already flared wide open in anticipation.

"Ugh, I wish I could Dali, but I'm currently injured"

At the words from Seokjin's lips, Dali's previously beaming pupils immediately dilates. The joy already snatched from her eyes. "Injured? Really? Can I please see?" She inquired persistently, eyes raking all over the man's body.

"Here__" Seokjin gave-in in defeat, lifting his bandaged wrist up to Dali's eye level.

A small gasp escapes her heart shaped lips at the sight of the injury, causing her to rest her head back against Seokjin's stomach. "Does it hurt very bad?" She asked, pulling away to blow on the white mass of bandage in front of her.

Seokjin couldn't help but chuckle, his fingers carefully threading through her hair. "Now that you just blew on it, it doesn't hurt bad at all" he answered, smiling down at her and appreciating the small smile that finally crept up her face as well.

"But wait" Dali shuffles backwards, inquisitively starring up at the man with her deep green eyes. "Where was Appa when this happened?"

"Hmm__" Seokjin mumbled, battling hard to come up with a suitable and appropriate response.,

Just then, Jungkook and Namjoon who had both been standing by the entrance to the kitchen, quietly walked in. Namjoon behind Jungkook of course, because he sure as hell didn't want to get caught in the eye of the storm.

"Dali baby, it was all an accident" Jungkook responded by saying, while walking towards the pantry.

Dali's face contorted in a frown, her full brows knitting together with an eye squint in her father's direction.

Although Jungkook wasn't staring at his daughter, he somehow already knew she wasn't having any of it and was about to bombard him with a ton load of questions. But thankfully, Namjoon came to his rescue by immediately engaging seokjin in a conversation, causing the little girl to turn her undivided attention towards the now conversing pair.

Heaving a deep sigh of relief, Jungkook reaches for an apron and knotted it around his waist. "Dali baby, you and uncle Joonie came just in time, I was about to bake cupcakes for Seok__ I mean Sir Seokjin. Do you want some?"

"What? You can't bake Appa, that's Papa's job" Dali voices out without much thought, to which Seokjin's eyes instantly blows wide open in shock.

Yup! He knew it. Jeon Jungkook or whatever his name is, could never be trusted.

Clearing his throat, Seokjin swirls his entire body in the direction of the little girl who had since plopped herself down on one of the island stools beside him. "What did you just say Dali?"

She shrugged her shoulders, beaming up at Seokjin. "I said Appa doesn't know how to bake, he's never been able to. The only time he tried to, the kitchen almost caught on fire, he had to grab onto one of those red cylinder thingies with smoke pipes to put out the fire. And at the end of the day, the entire dough came out uncooked and completely burnt"

Namjoon couldn't help the fit of laughter that erupted from deep within his chest, causing him to tightly grip unto his stomach with his head thrown backwards. He didn't mean to of course, but just watching jungkook stand there with an apron tied around his waist like a professional, while his daughter ratted him out like that, was just too hilarious for him to contain.