Chapter 27

Pulling the car into the driveway of the mansion, Jungkook inclines his seat backwards and exhaustively slid down in it like a completely sated soldier. Screwing his eyes shut as if to escape the non ending loop of nightmares, he exhales deeply, religiously going back and forth with the breathing lessons until he could feel his heart rate return back to normal.

Subconsciously lifting up a hand, Jungkook swiftly brushes over his lashes with the aid of his fingers only to realize they were wet with tears. Slowly peeling his eyes open, he is a tad bit surprised to find himself weeping like a little kid.

Great! He's crying, he's really crying over how messed up his relationship with his ex husband had gotten over the years. Thinking back to how inlove they once were in college and to what they were now, made the whole situation even more heart wrenching and extremely painful to handle. He could swear with his life that he loved Hosoek with every fiber of his being, his heart and soul could easily attest to the kind of feelings he nurtured for the man. But looking back to how he'd earlier highlighted the vehicle in order to bundle the livid man out of his presence, really made him realize that they were now passed the point of reconciliation. There was really no hope for them anymore, it was as clear as day that they were over. They'd lost the love they once shared, and it was very evident that they were never gonna get it back, no matter how hard they tried.

"Go on, hit me, c'mon!"

The said words kept resonating in his ears throughout the long drive home. It took everything in him, every single thing in him including his will, his guts and his power not to have pounced on Hosoek and punched him in the face until he blacked out. So Instead, he scurried out of the vehicle and stomped towards the passenger's side of the car where he immediately bundled the man out of the vehicle, before getting back in and zooming off in full speed.

Jungkook exhales deeply, mindlessly pulling up the the hem of his black hoodie to wipe off his tears.

The sky was quick to split open by now, giving rise to the loud and persistent rumblings that accompanied the threatening storm. This somehow helps to reel Jungkook back to reality, causing him to click the car door open in order to dash towards towards the mansion in time.

"Oh shit, Jin!" He exclaimed in horror, his breath coming in short as he jogged his way up to the front door.

As soon as he steps into the house, right there at the foot of the stairs was Seokjin curled up into a literal ball, his knees were properly buckled up against his chest with both of his palms pressed tightly against his ears in order to drown out the loud noises. Without having to be told, Jungkook already knew the boy had been crying all evening. It was clearly evident in the way he kept rocking back and forth while murmuring incoherent words of calm and reassurance to himself.

Jungkook's insides instantly churns with an undesirable feeling of guilt, considering how he had clearly promised never to leave the boy alone on his own, but eventually ended up doing the complete opposite.

"S-seokjin?" He manages to call out, feeble steps headed right in the boys direction. "I am so sor__"

"Jungkook__!"

And just like that, Jungkook instantaneously felt like a deceased man. His poor heart was hammering haphazardly within his chest, while feeling every ounce of his body go limp by each second. It was as if he was gradually being stripped of his precious life in such an unforgiving and menacing manner.

Although completely frozen in place, he could still easily make out the broad chest properly pressed and splayed out against his, the small head timidly resting on top of his shoulder, and the scented mass of stray hairs softly brushing over his cheek by the second.