Chapter 14

Jimin, couldn't stop himself from pacing about in front of Seokjin's room as Dr Han examined and treated him for his cuts and wounds. He still vividly remembers the safety kit he had gone in search of earlier due of Jungkook's bruises, abruptly crashing down to the ground after he walked in on the sight of Jungkook holding Seokjin's pale body close to his chest.

For a few minutes, he couldn't properly function, not until Jungkook yelled out his name, prompting him to chase after his cellphone in order to dial the doctor.

"Calm down" he hears Jungkook whisper from behind him as he walked up to him. "I'm certain he will be fine"

Nodding wordlessly, Jimin sighs into both of his palms.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happ__"

"Jungkook, can we talk about this much later? Because, Jin is in there right now and I'm too worried sick at the moment to be engaged in any form of conversation" Jimin says, abruptly cutting Jungkook off mid sentence.

Not another word was uttered between both men after that, as they quietly paced about while awaiting the exit of the doctor.

Although, Jungkook couldn't quite attest to much of how Jimin currently felt, but he totally could attest to his. And the guilt eating away at his heart, was definitely no jokes. His bleeding knuckles had long been abandoned for much later, because they had a more pressing issue at hand.

The door, is eventually pulled open by a very displeased looking Dr Han.

Instantly lunging in the man's direction, Jimin immediately goes ahead to bombard him with series of questions, "How is he? His he okay? Can I see him now?"

"Not yet, but soon" Dr Han sighs deeply, "If I may ask, what exactly happened to him? The last time I recalled seeing him like this, was when he was only fifteen years of age. I thought he had somehow grown passed this suicidal phase of his life, so what on earth happened all of a sudden to trigger such a bizarre behavior out of the blue?"

In total quietness, Jimin drags his gaze from Dr Han towards Jungkook and back to Dr Han. "It's a very long story sir, but non of it was meant to happen, please believe me"

"Believe you?" Dr Han asks in surprise. "A man who was obviously doing just fine under your grandmother's care, is suddenly now lying in there almost lifeless without an explanation, and yet, you just want me to believe you?"

Jimin exhales, garnering enough courage to try pushing the man's doubts towards the back of his mind. "Dr Han, you know just how much we value and cherish Seokjin right? I mean, we would never do anything to hurt him__"

"I know that!" He cuts in, pointing out the very obvious. "I know neither you nor Ma Park would ever do something so extreme to the point of triggering such an action from Seokjin, so whatever or whoever it was who was responsible for such, should be held accountable and moved far away from him as soon as possible, Do you get that?"

After watching both men banter words between eachother from afar in silence, Jungkook eventually speaks up.

"I did" He informs, plain and rather straight to the point.

Adjusting his round framed glasses properly on his face, Dr Han finally allows his scornful gaze to dejectedly sweep over Jungkook's face. "And if I may ask, you are who exactly?"

"I'm his new caregiver" Jungkook plainly responds yet again.

"Ohh, I see" Dr Han chided, not even bothering to hide the growing scowl on his face. "A caregiver who's after his masters life I presume?"

"Dr Han__" Jimin tried intervening, but was hurriedly shunned down by Jungkook who spoke instead.

"I really did not mean any of it to happen, it was only just a misunderstanding which escalated a bit too quickly. Yes, Seokjin got on my nerves, but that definitely did not give me the faintest of right to lash out on him like I did, it was all just an unfortunate accident" Jungkook further explains, in a bid to convey his utmost sincerity.