Chapter 11

Jungkook gripped the steering wheel even tighter, pain and anguish eating away at his heart as he stared at his innocent little girl, who was now busy admiring the tall trees along the path which led to the mansion. He inhaled deeply, breathing out through his mouth.

"Appa, your job is pretty far away, we've been on the road forever" she whined, thereby reeling her father out from deep within his thoughts.

Jungkook chuckled dryly, his eyes fixed on the road ahead of him. "Really?"

"Yes" Dali nodded, "are we perhaps leaving town? Shouldn't we have said goodbye to Papa first? Are we even allowed to leave like this?"

Jungkook couldn't help the fit of laughter that erupted from deep within his chest. There was no doubting nor denying the actual fact that the little girl seated beside him, was indeed his child.

"What?" He exclaimed, "Where on earth did you get that from?"

"I don't know," She shrugged, tucking some strands of her long and healthy black hair behind her ears. "Maybe it's because we've been driving non stop"

"Just a little bit farther and then we'll arrive. Don't also forget to do exactly what I told you to__"

"Stay put and don't make a fuss, got it!" She cuts in, helping her father to concluded his sentence.

Jungkook only shook his head in defeat, as he pulled into the driveway of the mansion.

"Woah!" Dali exclaimed, ditching the seatbelt and pushing the car door open, before landing on her tiny feet.

After rolling each window up, Jungkook finally gets out of the car as well, making his way towards where his daughter stood, completely dazed. Her deep green eyes raking over the expanse of the huge and tall building in awe. One could tell she was mind blown by the way she couldn't afford to keep her mouth closed.

"Hey, bet there's a fly needing a home around here and with your mouth opened like that, it won't be any long now until one settles on your tongue" Jungkook said, jolting his amazed daughter back to reality.

"Appa you work here?" She asked, still in disbelief.

Jungkook nodded, sending a smile in her direction.

"This looks like the kind of houses I only read about in my story books, you know, the kind rapunzel was locked up in?"

"Really? I thought that was a bungalow?"

Dali snorted with an eye roll that went on forever, "Just focus on keeping me in school, I'll do all the learning okay?"

Jungkook chuckled, whispering a tiny, you're so mean, underneath his breath. Luckily Dali didn't hear him.

"Appa?"

"Hmm?" Jungkook answers, starring down at the curious one.

"Is your boss a prince? Considering how he lives in this gigantic mansion"

It took all the willpower Jungkook had in him not to hiss out condescendingly. "Oh believe me baby, he's anything but a prince. C'mon now let's go in, we need to get your wounds cleaned up in order to prevent them from getting infected"

As soon as Jungkook turned the keys in and pushed the door open, ushering them inside, Dali's jaw returns right back to the floor where she had picked it up from earlier. The interior of the house was even more breathtaking than the exterior, she was completely mesmerized, thrilled even to know her father got to work and live in a place like this.

"Nah, there's no way he's not a prince!" Dali stated, rather loudly.

"Keep it down" Jungkook shushes, taking hold of her hand and leading her towards the kitchen area. Pulling out an island stool for her, he makes her plop down on it, before bending down to her height to take a hold of her wrist. "Does it sting?" He asked, referring to her bruised knuckles.