Chapter 33

"Appa hurry up" Dali whines impatiently, hopping about on the front porch of the mansion while awaiting her father to trudge himself towards the exact same spot as her.

"Ugh, you're so impatient. Can't you see I'm carrying your bag with me?" Jungkook countered, swinging the silver colored bratz inspired backpack over his firm shoulder.

"It's lightweight Appa, so hurry up!"

After what seemed like hours to young Dali, Jungkook finally made it to the front door and clicked it open. A sense of excitement instantly bursting through the six year old as she took on her heels heading straight for the long flight of stairs.

"Jeon Dali be care__"

"Sir Seokjin!" Dali's voice rings through the living room, leaving her father with no other option than to swallow back down his warnings as they were bound to fall flat on deaf ears anyways.

The soft thuds of her small feet were soon matched by much heavier ones as non other than Sir Seokjin himself dashed out of his bedroom following the familiar voice of the little girl. And as fate may have it, Dali didn't even get the chance to make it to the top of the stairs before getting swopped up by Seokjin, her petite frame instantly making contact with the broad frame that held her in a warm hug.

"Sir Seokjin!" She beams for the nth time, wrapping both arms around the man's neck with a bright smile etched on her face. "I missed you, I missed you, so so much" she repeated like an overly excited seal, watching Seokjin eyes grow fonder with each second.

"Me too! I missed you too" Seokjin finally responds, bopping Dali's nose with his index finger which made her giggle even more than she had already been doing.

Proceeding to rest her head on his shoulder, she quietly whispers, "I'm so glad you can now lift me up like Appa does"

Seokjin let's out a breathy laugh, gently patting her on the back. "My wrist is all healed now, I can even spin you around if you so desire" he joked. To which the little girl responded by tightening her hold around his neck with yet another giggle.

From where he stood with his back still turned towards the front door, Jungkook could barely wrap his head around the entire scene playing out in front of him. Of course he knew all too well that Dali was super fond of her boss, but he didn't know it was to such admirable extent. And about his so called boss, don't even get him started on the man, he downright looked like he'd never been happier to see anyone his entire life. If anything, the gesture even made him jealous, Seokjin never smiled at him like that, instead he often glared at him as if he were just seconds away from ending his life.

The loud giggles from his daughter helped reel him back to reality, only to realize the duo had now disappeared into Seokjin's bedroom while blatantly ignoring his presence like he didn't even exist.
**********

Dali hummed the finest of tune while gently kicking her legs in the air as her father helped part her lustrous black hair into two equal halves just so he could help tie each one up into a space bun.

Looking from his own unamused expression on the vanity mirror to his daughters own, Jungkook couldn't quite comprehend why on earth she looked overly excited. The contrast between them was sure taking him out.

"What has you all excited this time?" He questions, reaching for one of the pink ribbons laid out on the flat wooden surface.

Dali scrunches up her nose, teasing her father through the mirror. "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know, anything at all. Like what exactly you and sir Seokjin did all day yesterday?"

"We played dress ups, and it was fun" She grins excitedly while dishing out the short piece of information.