| 04 |

Walking down the street on his own, annoyance flooded through Oliver's veins. Gabriela had promised Sofía that she would help with the dog posters, but as soon as she had gotten home from lacrosse tryouts, she plopped down on the couch and refused to move. The youngest Pérez claimed that she had done all her daily chores, seeing as she had come to tryouts against her will.

And after deciding that he didn't have the patience to fight with her, Oliver sighed deeply and just went alone. The sun shone down on him and beads of sweat started to form on his forehead, but he didn't seem to care as he continued to hang up the posters.

A frown settled on his face when the sound of clicking heels caught his attention, and he looked over his shoulder, only for his eyes to double in size. Lydia stood behind him, a neutral expression covering her beautiful features, arms crossed over her chest as she cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Lydia!" Oliver almost exclaimed, a surprised look covering his face. The said girl raised her eyebrows at the high-pitched tone in his voice, the Pérez boy's cheeks heating up. "Uh, what are you doing here?" he asked as he clutched the posters in his hands so hard they were starting to crumble.

It was clear to both of them that her presence intimidated him to a hundred percent, and only one of them found it amusing.

"I live here?" Lydia answered but it sounded more like a question, a soft smile slowly forming on her cherry-colored lips. Oliver glanced to the right, the feeling of his cheeks burning up reappearing as he indeed stared up at her house.  Somehow, he had forgotten that the two of them lived on the same street. 

"Right..." Oliver trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, Lydia shaking her head in amusement. "Anyway, I saw you from my bedroom window and came down to personally invite you to my party." 

The Pérez boy raised his eyebrows, a pointed look forming on his face. "Why? Wasn't everyone invited?" he questioned, making Lydia roll her eyes and nod. "Yeah, of course. It's the party of the year! But it's more personal this way. You made the lacrosse team and you play fairly well, so hopefully, I won't be dating the captain of a losing team."

Her words made the smile on his face falter slightly but he quickly covered it up with a chuckle. "Well, thank you for the invite. I'll definitely be there." Oliver told her, the smile on her face doubling in size. "Good. I look forward to seeing you there." after patting his shoulder in a friendly manner she walked back inside her house, leaving him with an empty feeling in his chest.

🐺

Getting ready in his room, Oliver held up two shirts, trying to decide which one to wear to the party. After getting a private invite from the party's host, he had chosen to make an effort with what to wear. But since he only owned two nice shirts, one for picture day and one for any other event that may transpire, his choices were limited.

Gabriela sat on the end of the bed, this time helping him by choice as the puppy lay asleep on the floor. She wore a critical expression on her face, helping him choose which was more suitable for a party. After staring at the shirts for about two minutes, she pointed at the shirt on the right.

"That one," she said firmly, a satisfied smile forming on her lips. "The picture day shirt is way too formal for a party," her added words made Oliver nod in agreement, the Pérez boy throwing both shirts on his bed again next to his little sister.

The male let out a small sigh as he plopped down in the chair placed neatly in front of his desk, spinning around in it as Gabriela watched him with an unreadable expression on her face. When Oliver felt nausea starting to appear and the feeling of wanting to vomit erupt from his stomach, he stopped spinning around and instead glanced at his sister.