| 22 |

Scott rushed around his room, searching for where he could've put his phone. He was desperate to find it, especially after Peter came to the animal clinic to threaten Allison's life if he didn't aid him in killing the Argents.

Sofía stood leaning against the doorway, eyebrows raised as she watched him zoom around the room. Gabriela was lying in his bed on her stomach, legs swinging in the air, narrowly avoiding Oliver's head as he sat on the end of the bed.

"Call it again," Scott urged Stiles who was sitting in the middle of the room on a chair.

Letting out a sigh of frustration, Stiles ran a hand over his hair. "It's not here," he remarked as Scott more or less flipped his desk over. "Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

Sofía gave the boy a deadpanned look. "Maybe because he can't afford a new one. He just barely had enough to buy the one he lost after Derek destroyed his first one."

Scott nodded in agreement. "Speaking of Derek, I have to find him and I can't do that alone. Which is why I need my phone."

Oliver raised his eyebrows in offense as he gave his friend a look. "Well, you're not alone, Scott. You have us."

"Besides, didn't you say Derek walked straight into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead to me." Gabriela commented with a shrug, seemingly unbothered by the suspected death of the bitter werewolf.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha," Scott explained, glancing at Gabriela over his shoulder. "They're not gonna kill him."

Sofía made a face. "They're not going to kill him right now, but there's no guarantee they'll let him live after they've dealt with Peter. Especially if he's protecting his identity."

Stiles didn't really see the problem in letting Derek die and shrugged his shoulders. "I say we let the Argents use him to find Peter and then get rid of the both of them. All our problems would get solved like this!" he snapped his fingers to demonstrate how fast their problems could be gone.

The youngest Pérez sibling raised her eyebrows as she raised her hand. "I'm with Stiles on this," she remarked as she watched Scott begin to search through his cabinets.

He sighed in frustration, glancing back at them. "I can't! Not when Peter's going after Allison to find Derek. Which is why we need to find him first so please just help me find it." he threw random items as he spoke, oblivious to the fact that he hit Stiles in the head with a rubber basketball.

"I mean, you probably just lost your phone when you were fighting." Oliver chimed in as he mindlessly scrolled through Facebook. Sofía nodded in agreement as Stiles wildly gestured to the two.

"You remember that, right? When Derek was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson?" Stiles piped up, his eyes narrowed incredulously. "Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior, here? 'Cause I sure as hell am."

Scott groaned, shooting his friend a look. "He wasn't going to kill anyone!" he insisted. "And I'm not letting him die." he firmly said, noticing how no one other than Sofía seemed to agree with him.

Stiles grimaced in exasperation. "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?"

When Scott didn't reply, Stiles glanced at him, his eyebrows furrowing upon spotting the distant look on his friend's face. Oliver quirked a brow, slightly concerned.

"Everything alright, Scott?"

The boy nodded, eyes set on the window placed directly above the driveway. "Yeah. My mom just got home from work."