| 21 |

Oliver wore the biggest grin on his face when he walked through the front door, Gabriela in tow. It had been a tough game but just as the buzzer had blown, he had scored the winning goal with the help of Stiles who passed him the ball. All night he had been showered with compliments and pats on the back for his part in the win.

Lydia had even been there to congratulate him, proudly showing off the sign she had made for him. Oliver was so overjoyed by the fact that she had cheered for him during the game that he didn't even care it was all probably part of an elaborate plan to make Jackson jealous.

But all the happiness he had felt drained from his expression when he spotted Sofía sitting by the kitchen table with a bloody rag pressed against her nose. Instantly Oliver rushed over to her side, dropping his lacrosse equipment by the door in his hurry. Gabriela moved over to the sink and wetted a towel, snatching the rag out of her sister's hand and replacing it with the towel. Although thankful, Sofía hissed in pain.

"Sof, what happened? Are you alright?" Oliver asked, grabbing one of Sofía's hands in his. He scoured the rest of her, checking for any other visible injuries.

A bitter chuckle left Sofía's lips as she nodded half-heartedly. "Besides the nosebleed, I'm fine." she adjusted her leg, sending it a dirty look when it ached at the movement. "Good news is that we found out who the alpha is. The bad news is that it's Peter Hale, Derek's uncle."

Oliver raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Peter Hale? The dude that got his face all burned in the fire?"

When Sofía nodded in reply, Gabriela chimed in. "Hasn't he been in a catatonic state for the past six years? Didn't Melissa say he had a twenty-four-hour nurse or something?"

"Yup," Sofía responded, leaning back in her chair. "And as if that wasn't bad enough, Derek decided to be a bitch and joined his side after he brutally beat him up and punched me in the face," she said through an irritated huff. Her eyes flickered between his siblings. "I don't want either of you talking to him anymore. At least not without me there. I don't trust him to not do something stupid and he doesn't really have the best track record for wise decision-making."

Gabriela nodded in agreement, grimacing at the mere thought of the man. "Don't worry, Sof. I don't exactly enjoy his presence so this works out pretty well for me," she said with an unbothered shrug.

Oliver chuckled. "Yeah, the dude's not easy to be around. He really needs to work on his social skills."

🐺

Saturday used to be Oliver's favorite day of the week. Because, unlike Sundays, he didn't have to go to bed early to prepare for school the next day. But now, with all the supernatural drama going on around him and his friends, it just meant that he was unbelievably bored with nothing to distract him from the fact that he was most likely going to die before the age of eighteen.

His phone buzzed on his nightstand and he rolled his eyes, thinking it was just Stiles updating him as he and Scott stalked Jackson through town. Charlotte whined when he reached over her to grab it and as an apology, he kissed her on the head. Satisfied, she curled up in his lap.

The screen lit up when he pressed the power button and his eyes widened when Lydia's name popped up in his notifications. Eagerly he unlocked his phone and went into their shared messages.

From: LYDIA <3

Want to take a walk with me and Prada?

Oliver smiled so much his face hurt as he wrote back his reply, excitedly petting Charlotte whose tail wagged rapidly.

To: LYDIA <3

I'd love too! Be out in five.