| 18 |

Oliver felt sad and betrayed as he rode home in Stiles' jeep, Gabriela chatting loudly on her phone in the back seat as the spastic teen drove, glancing at his friend every now and then. He sighed after a few minutes, watching as Oliver stared motionlessly at the trees passing by the window.

"I'm sure it's just the full moon messing with his brain or something," Stiles said, not noticing how his friend's fists clenched in his lap. "He's been acting strange all day, you know? It's like his breakup with Allison completely wrecked him. Scott would never purposely hurt you, especially since he's still completely head over heels for Allison. He doesn't even like Lydia like that--"

Oliver clenched his eyes shut, interrupting his friend's rambling. "Stop trying to justify it!" he shouted before sighing deeply. Gabriela furrowed her eyebrows, discretely hanging up her phone call to listen in on their conversation. "I don't care that it's a full moon tonight and I don't care that Allison broke up with him! He messed up, big time! He kissed Lydia just to spite her boyfriend, hurting me in the process without a care in the world!"

Gabriela clenched her jaw, leaning her head between the seats. "He kissed Lydia?" Stiles nodded hesitantly. "I'm gonna kill him," she stated casually before shaking her head. "No, scratch that, I'm gonna kill both of you."

Stiles made an offended sound. "What did I do?"

She gave him a stern stare. "You're taking Scott's side.

He sighed in defeat. "I'm not taking sides, okay? I'm just trying to come up with a reason that doesn't sound completely bogus why Scott would do something like this. I just can't understand what went through his mind. He agreed to ask Lydia if she liked Oliver more than a friend and then he comes back acting like she does after literally making out with her."

Gabriela nodded slowly, pursing her lips. "We should take revenge. Do you think Allison needs some breakup comfort?"

Oliver shook his head. "Can we just drop it, please? I'm not taking revenge and I'm certainly not involving Allison, okay? She's done nothing wrong and if we're going to be completely honest, she's the victim. She just broke up with her boyfriend and her best friend wastes no more than a few hours before making out with him in Coach's office."

Pursing her lips, Gabriela sighed. "I guess you won't be taking revenge then but if you hear about someone dropping an anonymous tip about Lydia and Scott to Allison, it was probably me," she stated honestly with a shrug off her shoulder, leaning back in her seat again.

Wearing a gloomy expression, Oliver simply rolled his eyes at his sister.

🐺

Charlotte ran around the grass patches by the sides of the road, wagging her tail excitedly as Oliver held her leash limp in his hand, burying the other in his jacket pocket. He smiled slightly when she lost her balance slightly, falling face-first into a pile of autumn leaves. She whined as she shook them away, forgetting the incident just a moment later when she noticed a squirrel in a tree.

Oliver's cheeks had grown rosy by the time the sun set and he shivered as a cold wind blew by, stuffing half his face into his jacket. He whistled for Charlotte to come back to him, having let her loose for a moment to allow her to run around the field once more before the snow came in. Sofía had made it clear that when the ground grew white, they would need to keep her leashed for the majority of their walks, wanting to make sure she didn't get run over by a car when the roads were icy and slippery.

She complied when he hooked the leash back into her necklace and began the walk home, knowing he would need to hurry if he wanted to reach Scott's house before nightfall. Despite his friend's betrayal, he didn't want him to accidentally hurt or kill someone when he was out of control and had promised Stiles weeks in advance to help him out.