| 12 |

"Come on, Oliver. We've been over this twice already." Lydia deadpanned as she tapped her pen against the side of the textbook. She sat cross-legged on his bed, eyes staring at his deflated form by the desk on the other side of the room. "What is the difference between a saturated solution and an unsaturated solution?"

Oliver massaged his temples, stifling an annoyed groan. "Um, a saturated solution is a solution that contains..." he trailed off, squinting, as he tried to remember the exact words. "It contains the maximum amount of, uh... what's the word? Sauce?"

Lydia rolled her eyes, replying in an unamused voice. "Solute."

He grimaced. "Right... It contains the maximum amount of solute that is capable of dissolving. And an unsaturated solution is everything I just said but put 'less than' before maximum." Oliver finished, glancing at the strawberry blonde to check if he was right.

Lydia nodded slowly, a small smile tugging at her lips. "That's right... Technically. But I'm pretty sure Mr. Harris is looking for the full answer for unsaturated solutions as well." she pointed out. "So, the full sentence, please."

This time, Oliver couldn't help but groan. "It's one sentence. One that I know. Can't I just skip it so we can move on? We've been on this subject for an hour already." he whined, resulting in Lydia crossing her arms over her chest.

"We've been on this subject for an hour because you half-ass it," she stated firmly. "The full sentence. Say it."

He rolled his eyes but complied. "An unsaturated solution is a solution that contains less than the maximum amount of solute that is capable of being dissolved."

Lydia smiled, satisfied. "Now we can move on." she looked over the many books scattered on the bed around her. "How about we finish with math?"

Oliver scowled, clearly against the idea. "Fine," he grumbled.

🐺

"Holy shit, is your dad okay?" Oliver asked, concern practically radiating off him as he looked at his best friend. He had of course heard about the mountain lion incident that took place after the parent-teacher conference, but the news of Noah being hit by a car just minutes before came as a surprise to him.

Stiles nodded, raising his eyebrows as he pointed sternly at the Pérez boy. "Yes... but you're not allowed to tell Scott that," he stated. "I want him to feel bad as long as possible ─especially since we both know I'm probably going to fold and speak to him by the end of the day."

Oliver gave the Stilinski boy a look. "That's incredibly low and incredibly petty, Stillie Starfish."

Stiles smirked, patting his best friend's shoulder nonchalantly. "I know, Olive Oil. That's the point." he winked as they entered the English classroom, taking two empty seats next to each other in the back. "Remember the rules?" Stiles asked, demeanor serious. He knew that it was only a matter of time before Scott would walk in.

Nodding, Oliver leaned over slightly in his seat. "No talking to Scott at all unless you've spoken to him first. If I do decide to speak to him, I will join his sentence of being shunned as well," he replied, saying the words Stiles had texted him that morning.

Satisfied, Stiles sent him two thumbs up.

Not even a minute later, Scott walked through the door, glancing around the room in search of his friends. Stiles slumped in his seat, scowling as he refused to meet the McCall boy's gaze. Oliver smiled sheepishly as he drummed his fingers against the desk nervously. He hated when his friends were fighting, something that thankfully didn't happen too often.