| 24 |

When Gabriela and Stiles reached the lacrosse field after Oliver took off without explanation, their eyes widened in horror upon seeing the scene before them. Lydia lying unconscious on the grass with her dress covered in blood. Oliver spotted her head in his lap with teary cheeks as he pleaded with Peter to allow him to call someone for help. Even with a far distance between them, Gabriela could see the outlines of teeth beneath Oliver's ripped suit.

"Ollie!" she screeched as she ran toward him with Stiles hot on her trail. Her feet ached as the heels sunk through the muddy ground and so she kicked them off, leaving them behind as she approached her brother.

Oliver snapped his head up at the sound of his name. "Gabbi!" he called back, desperation evident in his voice. "She's hurt I- I don't know what to do." he cried, carefully brushing Lydia's hair out of her face.

Peter growled as the teens approached, his blood-stained lips making Oliver's stomach churn. He shuffled backward, pulling Lydia with him to keep her out of any further danger. The adrenaline coursing through his veins had long before removed any ounce of pain he might've felt in his shoulder.

"Tell me how to find Derek, and I won't finish them off." Peter threatened as Gabriela stopped in her tracks, Stiles' hand on her arm keeping her from doing anything stupid in the heat of the moment.

Frustrated, the Pérez girl pulled at her roots. "What? How do you expect us to know that?" her eyes flickered between the alpha werewolf and her wounded brother. "Please just let me call someone, they need to go to the hospital." she tried but just like Oliver's pleas it was in vain.

Peter nodded. "I'll let you call Sofía... After you tell me how to find Derek." he negotiated as he looked to Stiles. "Tell me the truth... or I will rip them apart. Easy as that."

Stiles swallowed nervously, meeting the frightful eyes of his best friend. His heart raced beneath his ribcage and his hands shook at his sides. "Look-look, I don't know, okay? I sw-swear to God, I have no idea." he stuttered out, forcing back tears.

The Hale man grew impatient and his eyes flashed a vibrant red as he took a threatening step closer to them. "TELL ME!"

Gabriela sucked in a breath before exhaling shakily. "I think he knew!" she shouted, recalling how frantic Scott had been a few days ago as he searched for his phone. "I think Derek knew he was going to get taken by the Argents. He must've stolen Scott's phone so we could find him."

Confused, Peter furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would taking Scott's phone help?"

"Because there's a built-in GPS in every device." Oliver piped up, his voice slightly cracked. "If he still has it, you can track it."

He clasped his hands together and forced a cheerful smile. "Wonderful." Peter turned to face Gabriela and Stiles. "You're both coming with me."

Instantly Oliver disagreed. "There's no way in hell I'm letting you take my sister with you," he remarked harshly, glaring at the Hale man.

Peter tutted. "Good thing I wasn't asking then." he mocked as he approached Gabriela. Carefully he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and she suppressed the urge to slap his hand away as she glowered. "You look so much like your sister did when she was your age, did you know that? Same snarky behavior, the same eyes, and the same reckless nature."

Gabriela snarled. "Go to hell."

He tilted his head with a taunting smile plastered onto his face. "Point proven." he glanced at Stiles. "We should get going unless you want me to change my mind and kill them both."

"Call, Sof, Ollie," Gabriela told him over her shoulder as she followed after Stiles and Peter. "She'll know what to do."

Helplessly, Oliver nodded as he watched them disappear from his line of sight.