Ch. 10 - In your Arms (Cabin pt 1)

Winter break was finally here, no school, just nights spent by the fire wrapped in blankets while it snows outside with a cup of hot cocoa in my hand, while watching Polar Express.

Two Days Prior- Cuddles and car rides

"Mia, ya ready yet baby!?" I heard Austin call from downstairs. Since it was winter break, we decided to have a little getaway at my parent's cabin for 2 days. I was beyond excited to get to spend a full two days with my boyfriend, but also nervous at the same time since this would be the first time we would be in this close proximity.

I rushed down the stairs with a small duffel bag, and a suitcase full of clothes and other necessities. I greeted Austin at the door, and we walked to our Uber together, which was parked right outside my front door. Austin carried my things and put them in the trunk, as he ducked into the low car, we both buckled our seat belts, introduced ourselves to the driver, and just like that we started the two-hour drive to the cabin.

I looked over at Austin to see him staring down at his stomach, with that all too familiar downcast face. I recognized this face from the many other times Austin starts thinking horrible thoughts about himself.

"Austin, what's bothering you? You have that sad puppy dog face again!" His face truly did remind me of a sad puppy dog... kinda adorable if you ask me.
"Oh I'm fine, it's nothing really!" He said in a fake cheery voice, as his hand started to fidget with his seat belt.

"Ok..." I turned my head to look out my window. It was the seat belt. What should I say? I never thought about how cars don't think about the size when making these seat belts...

I turned to face him again, "Aus... it's the seat belt that's bothering you right?"
"Um... y-yeah, how did you know?"
"O-Oh umm I dunno I just saw- you flitting with it? I... well um if it's bothering you maybe take it off? I know how annoying seat belts can be!"
"Yeah..."

"Austin- I want this trip to be fun, so please don't let this bother you too much! Just because some random manufacturer wasn't size-inclusive, doesn't mean I love you or your body any less!" Good job Mia, I liked the way that turned out.

A smile sneaked across his face. "I love you too Mia."
I undid my seat belt and moved over to the middle seat that was next to Austins. I turned my back towards him and slowly fell back onto Austin's tummy. He froze for a second, startled. I shifted my head to be right in between his man boobs, as I took his hands and wrapped them around my small figure. I looked up at him and smiled. He giggled and whispered in my ear "You're perfect" as we fell asleep together wrapped in comfy blankets, and his warm touch.

You're my angel

We both jolted out of our deep sleep to the driver urging us to get out of the car. We were quickly met with the cold, nippy air.

"I think it might snow a little later!" Austin said in an excited voice. I just smiled as we hauled our luggage into the quaint, and warm cabin. We spent all of 30 minutes unpacking our clothes, and the miscellaneous snacks we had brought.

I took a quick glance out the window and saw a white sheet of snow covering the tall pine trees, as well as a thick layer covering the ground.

"Austin it SNOWED!!!!" I yelled as if I had never seen snow in my life. He came running over to me as I stared out the window.

"We should go outside!" He said as he put on his black beanie and a puffy navy blue winter jacket, and black gloves. I also put on winter attire and we stepped outside. Austin immediately rushed down the slippery steps holding his arms out for balance. His feet met the snow and he immediately sat down on his butt, then laid his back in the snow.

"What are you doing!?" I giggled as I saw his head disappear behind his belly as he lay down on the crunchy snow. I ran down to seat myself next to him, as I felt the cold snow against my back. I turned my head to look over at Austin. His arms and legs started moving simultaneously, making a snow angel. We laughed even hared once he noticed that I was watching him.

I immediately joined in on the fun. Our limbs got tired after about 0.2 seconds. There was a silent, but not awkward pause, as we stared up at the blue sky, admiring the tiny snowflakes that dropped on our skin. We both looked at each other at the same time. I rolled over on my side, stretching out my hand to caress his chubby red cheeks. His soft blue eyes lit up as I gave his cheeks a tiny squeeze.

"MiA! Don't do thatttt it's not very nice!" He joked as he sat up, and cuffed a ball of snow in his hands.

I quickly sat up, "Don't you dare through that at me!" I tried to say in the toughest voice possible. He clearly ignored my warning, and playfully tossed the snowball at me, it landing right in my lap.

"Oh no, you don't mister!" I yelled as we both stood up, rushing to make as many snowballs, while also aiming them at each other. After a few minutes, I could tell he was getting out of breath, from too much physical activity. I walked over and grabbed his hand, leading him back inside the house.

"Sorry, Mia... I get out of breath so easily!" He flopped down on the couch after catching his breath.

"Oh, baby don't feel bad! I was getting pretty cold out there anyway! You want some hot chocolate?" I had purposely packed hot chocolates for this reason.

"If you have some then sure!" I smiled and took my seat next to him on the couch, handing him a mug filled to the brim with creamy brown hot chocolate and melting marshmallows. I took a sip of mine, "How is it?" I asked

Austin nodded his head, as he finished sipping his, "Very good!" I scooched closer to his shoulder and felt his body heat quickly make my cold body, very warm. If only this moment could last forever, I thought.