Ch. 13 Kisses at midnight (Holidays part 2)

Authuors note:

Hey ya'll ik I've been gone for like a really long time- but this chapter and the one after this are ones I wrote a while back so i decided to publish them cuz why not

enjoy :)

At school I had been considered the best friend of the popular girl, so even after she switched schools, I would still get invited to out-of schools events, this time it was a New Years Eve party at a huge mansion Quinn (Jace's brother) had rented (their family was super rich). At the very bottom of the invitation, it mentioned you could bring a plus one, I immediately thought of Austin.

News Years Eve

As Austin and I walked into the busseling mansion, I slyly grabbed his hand in fear of us getting separated by the crowd. He gave it a tight squeeze, before leading the way through a sea of people, dancing taking shots, and other social atcvites I did not wish to participate in.

Out of the conor of my eye I saw a ginormous staircase that noone seemed to be going up or down. I tugged at Austins shirt, leading himm towards it. We finally made it to the base of the stairs, as I led the way up. I paused, hearing Austins painting, I knew he was trying not to breath too heavily so that I wouldn't notice, so I didn't say anything. I quickly examined the upstairs. There seemed mostly be bedrooms and bathrooms, some of which I could tell were in use, but as we walked down the hall, to my right I saw a white room with lavish curtains hanging from the ceiling, and fancy white wall paneling and old oakwood flooring. The door was only open slightly, so I slowly creaked it open. To my relief noone was inside so I ushered Austin in.

"Woah... This kinda reminds me of a ballroom." Austin said, amazed as he stared at the breath taking ceiling with amazing articure.

As I too, was admiring the room, Austin quickly turend around, taking my hand.

"May I have this dance M'lady?" He asked with a smile on his face, as he bowed, kissing my hand simultaneously. My heart fluttered and I nodded a big yes.

He stood up from his bow, taking a step closer to me so that we are now face to face. I placed my right hand on his soft shoulder, as he grabbed my slim waist, pulling me close enough where his doughy belly pressed against mine. I rested my chin on his shoulder, feeling his muscles contract. With my extra hand I wrapped it around the round part of his waist, that slightly hung over his jeans waistband.

We started swaying to the silent music playing in our heads, our bodies perfecntly synchronized, swaying back and forth. The similar situation brought memoires back from our first dance, in the highschool gym. However, this time felt much different. I grinned even wider, remerebing that was when we had unofficially started dating.

Austin had come so far since then. His personality had come out like a beautiful ray of sun. His confinadance, while still low had also made a small improvement, at least he was okay with us constantly being in physical touch while together.

I snapped out of the memories, wanting to Enjoy the present moment. Enjoy the warmth his body encased mine with. Enjoy his pudgy but protective arms wrapped around my small figure. Enjoy his still heavy breathing. Enjoy the gentle, but fresh scent of his cologne.

My hand that was placed on his waist quickly went straight to his lower backside. I gingerly rubbed his lucious love handles. In response, his hand smoothie went up and down my back, making both of us blush hard. We danced across the vast-seeming floor, taking our time, enjoying eachothers closeness.

It seemed as though we had been dancing for maybe ten minutes, when a loud serious of explosions and cheering sounded off. I pulled my head away from Austins shoulder.

"Wait... what time is it?" I questioned as Ausitn pulled out his phone with one hand.

"12:01! It's 20- -" He made eye contact with, I looked at his plump lips, leaning in as my eyes slowly fluttered shut. His hands gradually held either side of my cheeks, his head also leaning in closer and closer until our lips met. Even though this was both our first kiss, it felt like we had kissed a thousands times before, his soft and sweet tasting lips on mine.

My brain was going insane, so many thoughts I could hardly enjoy the moment, my heart beating all too fast inside my chest. But, all too soon he pulled away. His eyes were downcast, and his hands slipped away from my face. I quickly protested, placing my thin hands on his chubby cheeks, leaning in once again, but this time it was more passionate but yet still effortless.

We pulled away, staring into eachothers eyes, I could sense he was nervous again, probably doubting himself and my love for him, but when he noticed my smile and my loving and fiery eyes, he seemed to be reassured that I, too, enjoyed the kiss.