Chapter 2: Extortion

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

Is this what freedom feels like?

This is what I thought about as I walked back to the dorms after buying necessities. Truly, I am lucky to have been admitted to this place, the only place in Japan that my father cannot reach. Here, I hope to spend the rest of my days living peacefully.

But, I can tell that there is more to this school than what appears on the surface. It all seems too perfect.

Plus, there are some potential threats that could threaten my peaceful life.

For one, Horikita. She's so annoying and arrogant. Maybe if she didn't have a superiority complex, she could've been a good first friend to me, but after our several interactions throughout the day, I'm starting to reconsider my choices. As of now, she isn't a threat to me but if she somehow overcomes her superiority complex, she might be a formidable enemy.

Secondly, Koenji. Somewhat like Horikita, but more of a narcissist and completely self-serving. Although I don't think he'll ever act against the class or myself, it's better to be safe than sorry. From his introduction, I bet that he'll be quite popular with the ladies. His abilities are completely unknown, so I can't let my guard down.

And lastly, Yamauchi. From the argument on the bus, he seems like quite a ladies' man, but I feel like there's more to him. It was almost as if he was trying to gauge everyone's reactions with his preposterous response. As of now, he's the person I need to watch out the most for, as his capabilities, motives, and goals are all unknown to me.

Very well. Let them come. I will crush anyone that stands in my way. Without mercy. Without hesitation. To sacrifice anything for the sake of victory. That is what that place has taught me.

To survive in this world, cut away all unnecessary feelings. There are no such things as friends. Only tools. As long as I keep my freedom, as long as I win in the end, that's all that matters.

Yamagod POV

Unlocking the door to my room, which was number 402, I was greeted by a bland room complete with a bed, kitchen, bathroom, and a few other basic things.

After taking a shower and cooking and eating dinner, I sat on my bed, fiddling with my phone. Making sure everything was set, I tossed my phone aside and drifted off to sleep.

~Timeskip~

The next day, nobody was paying attention in class. Well, that's to be expected from these idiots. But, surprisingly, Chabashira-sensei didn't even criticize them. She just continued teaching her lesson.

Sigh, I wonder how many private points we'll receive next month. If I had to guess, we'd probably receive no more than 5,000 points, maybe even less.

I internally swore at the rest of the class, cursing them for having to make me do more work. I am Yamagod, the pinnacle of human existence, yet I have to work my butt off to make some cheap cash. Sigh.

During break time, Harem-kun approached me, his paparazzi following close behind.

Damn, popular man huh?

"Excuse me, but you weren't present during our introductions yesterday, so I was wondering if I could get your name?" Harem-kun asked. "My name is Hirata Yousuke. You can call me Yousuke if you want."

Wow. What a smile. I can see why all the girls are smitten with him.

"Pleased to meet you, Hirata-kun. My name is Yamauchi Haruki. If you don't mind, I'd like to stick to a last name basis for now, until we get to know each other more. I hope you don't mind." I responded as politely as possible. I had no intention of getting killed by his harem on the 2nd day of school.