Short Stories: Koenji and Horikita

Quite frankly, the fact that I even have to introduce myself to you is a monumental disappointment. But, I suppose, I can make an exception for today. After all, I am in a fantastic mood.

It is I, the great Koenji Rokusuke, heir to the Koenji Conglomerate, a destined pillar of Japan.

At first, I scoffed at my father's commands to have me enroll at Advanced Nurturing High School, thinking that I would have to spend the next three years of my life with the rabble. But, for the first time since the birth of my existence, I have been proven wrong.

To think that there would be others like me here! But, alas, no matter how great they are, mine will always eclipse theirs.

My initial goal was to spend the next three years as a vacation of sorts, doing whatever so I pleased whenever I wanted. Sadly, that has started to change due to Yamauchi-kun's little show during the midterms.

I've come to see him as a dangerous one, someone that might be able to pull the rug from under me if I'm not careful. I must reach Class A, as a perfect existence like me is upheld to standards that can't be any lower. Is he a friend or foe, that I have yet to uncover. But, when I reach a consensus, there is no reversing it.

There is another one, someone else in cahoots with him. Who, I am not sure. He has hidden them well, a wolf hiding among the sheep. But if they are a wolf, then what is he?

Soon, I must make my move, for the sake of preserving my status and safety at this school, for the sake of my future.

Yamauchi, I will rip that facade you built, until I see your true colors. No matter who you are, you will never be able to match me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What happened?

I was filled with joy, glad that I had passed the exams at the top of the class when Yamauchi-kun and Koenji-kun ripped it all away.

There, their names stood, at the top of the paper, above mine, above everyone else's, across all subjects. Their scores mocked me and made me a joke.

Then, Ike-kun, Miyamoto-kun, and Hondo-kun were expelled due to their inconceivably low scores. Thank god they were expelled. If they continued with their behavior, who knows how many Class Points they would've cost us. Although, I have a hunch that Yamauchi-kun had something to do with their expulsions. While everyone was panicking over Sensei's announcement, he was just lounging back on his chair with his feet up as if nothing was wrong. Of course, I'm not complaining about his actions. But, he should've checked with me first to make sure that I was ok with it.

I could've perfected the plan. Made it even better. It even pisses me off slightly that he did it without me knowing. I'll have to confront him about it later and see if I can him my pawn. If not, I'll just have to expel him. A disobedient dog is no good no matter how useful it may be.

Yamauchi-kun, you stand no chance against me.