Chapter 8: Rooftop

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

I slowly ascended the stairs, being careful not to make noise. I wasn't sure about what she was doing there, but I don't think it was anything good, mainly after she ignored my call.

Reaching the rooftop door, I quietly peeked through the crack, observing Kushida's actions. I tried to come up with a plausible explanation as to why she was there but came up empty.

As I was silently contemplating, I saw Kushida set her bag down from the corner of my eye.

"Ahhhh, so annoying!"

Her voice had become so low and hateful that it sounded nothing like the cute, friendly, and sociable Kushida that I knew.

"She's seriously annoying! God, how irritating. It'd be better if she just died...."

"Ugh, I hate stuck-up, snobby girls who think they're so cute. Why is she such a harpy? A rotten girl like her couldn't possibly tutor me."

Was Kushida talking about Horikita?

"Ah, she's the worst! She's just the worst, the worst, the worst! Horikita, you're so annoying! You're so damn annoying!"

As soon as she said this, all the puzzle pieces clicked. Why she had tried to use me to get closer to Horikita. Why she seemed to hate her so much.

Feeling satisfied, and not wanting to have my presence known, I attempted to leave, but out from the dark stairwell, a rock hurled towards me with deadly precision. Quickly dodging it, I looked down the stairs, trying to locate my assailant, but...

Clang!

Hearing the sound, Kushida stopped breathing. Immediately, she sprinted over towards the door, wrenching it open.

"You. What are you doing here?"

"Would you believe it if I said that I was just looking to ask you out?"

"Don't tell a soul about what happened here."

"And hypothetically, what would you do if I did tell someone?"

"I'd tell everyone that you attempted to rape me."

"That would be a false accusation you know."

"Not if there are fingerprints on my uniform."

Saying this, she grabbed my hand, pressing it against her chest. Knowing what was going to come next, I decided to relish this experience, squeezing my fingers slightly. Ah, heaven.

Startled, Kushida quickly drew her hand away, but then the rooftop door suddenly flew open, revealing the man who had caused this whole confrontation.

Raising his hand casually as if we were just old friends meeting up, he sauntered towards us.

"Yo, Two Face-chan, how's it going?"

Yamagod POV

The look on Two Face-chan's face was priceless. Anger. Shock. Fear. Confusion.

"Didn't expect me here huh?"

"Why-"

"Shut up for a sec."

Taken aback by my rudeness, she momentarily closed her mouth, taking a step back in the process.

"Kiyotaka-kun, do you mind leaving? Things are about to get quite ugly here. Of course, if you do tell anyone about what happened here, I won't hesitate to report you to the school on the account of raping a girl."