Arc 2 Chapter 3 (Rewritten): Obtaining the Pieces

Yamagod POV

I silently glided down the cold grey corridors, making sure to slip up at times, revealing my presence to notify her of my intentions. She acted almost flawlessly, pretending as if she was completely oblivious to the student tailing her. Upon reaching the faculty lounge, I made my appearance.

"Oh. Hello, Sensei. I have some matters that I would like to discuss with you. Is that ok?"

"Of course, Yamauchi. I would be more than happy to aid my student's endeavors."

I grinned internally.

Fool. If you think that I am here to help you, you couldn't have been more wrong. I am the one that has leverage over you.

Opening the door, a grey-pink blur flung into me.

"Hello there! What a cute little student you have there Sae. Don't tell me you're trying to do naughty things with him?"

I glanced down at the creature clinging to my right arm. She had light brown hair and purple-pink eyes complete with a seductive look on her face. Instinctively, I tightened my muscles, unsure of her motives.

"We are doing nothing of the sort, Chie. Get back to work."

"Awwww. You're no fun Sae." She whined. "Fine. But you, if you're ever bored, let me know..."

"No thank you," I answered, reluctant to have this continue. Weird-Sensei shot me a cute frown, disappointed at my answer.

"Come in, Yamauchi," Sensei said, opening the door to her office and beckoning to me.

I pried myself from Weird-Sensei's grasp and walked away. Before closing the door, I turned around, catching a shaded glint in her eyes. It was only present for a split second before it reverted to her seductive gaze. I mean, I get it, I'm the pinnacle of man, but you're not my type whatsoever. Slotting that transient interaction into my mind, I refocused on my reason for approaching Sensei.

Speaking of which, Sensei gazed at me, eyes pinned to mine, not saying a word. She didn't even offer me a seat, which frankly speaking, is a sin. Finally, after an indefinite period of time, she spoke.

"So, what is it that you wanted to discuss?"

"Cutting straight to the point, I see."

"Hmh. We both know you aren't here to exchange pleasantries. Now talk."

"Fine. I would've liked to go about this in a more roundabout fashion, but if you really insist, I suppose I'll get to it."

"I am willing to help you reach Class A."

Utter shock splashed across her face. Her eyes widened, eyebrows raised, mouth slightly agape as she struggled to comprehend what I had just said.

"Whaa–what do you mean?"

"Exactly as I just said. I plan to make a serious effort to reach Class A. Of course, by serious I mean half trying, which is more than enough to beat the 1st Years."

Her eyes narrowed as she leaned forward, peering into my eyes. Unfortunately for her, there was nothing to be found within them. Sensei flinched but didn't pull back. Impressive.

"You seem to be under the impression that I want to reach Class A."

"I'm not under the impression that you want to reach Class A, Sensei. I know for a fact that you do."

"What's your proof?"

Still trying to deny it huh? God damn you Sensei for taking up my valuable time. I know you're trying to do some negotiating, but quite frankly, you suck at this.