Chapter 7: Lunch, Hiyori, and Assets-chan

Yamagod POV

God damn. Talk about sad. As I sat at my seat in the class, I stared pitifully at Harem-kun's attempts to get the three Pervateers and Temper-kun to join his study group. Honestly, just let them get expelled man.

The only good laugh I had gotten all day was when Superior-chan stabbed Kiyotaka-kun with her compass. Talk about a crazy woman.

~Timeskip~

After class, I sighed at Kiyotaka-kun's argument with Compass-chan. But, during the break, she caught my attention.

"Are you free for lunch? Do you want to eat together?"

What is this?! Could my dear Kiyotaka-kun be finally getting some game?! Of course, he cannot compare to the likes of me, but I suppose we must all start somewhere.

"It's unusual to get an invitation from you. I feel nervous."

Yes, smart move, Kiyotaka-kun. Normally, if it was one of the other Class-D airheads, I would've scolded him for saying that. But, since this was Compass-chan we were talking about, who undoubtedly had some mental quirks, it's good to be cautious.

"There's no reason to be. I can treat you to the vegetable set, if that's okay with you."

Reverse physiology I see. Not bad, for someone like you.

"I'm joking. Seriously, whatever you want to eat is on me."

"Now I'm definitely scared. Is there some kind of catch?"

"If people can't honestly accept kindness, then mankind will meet its end won't it?"

"Well, I suppose so, but...."

Being flanked by BS kindness and logic on all sides, he had no choice but to accept. Deciding that this would be an excellent opportunity to quench my boredom, I got up from my seat and trailed them.

After Kiyotaka-kun bought one of the most expensive meal sets available they grabbed two empty seats and sat down. Internally, I facepalmed. When a girl asks you out to lunch, and offers to put it on their tab, you DO NOT choose one of the MOST FREAKING EXPENSIVE ITEMS ON THE GOD DAMN MENU. I sat down close by, but far away enough so that if she did detect me, I could just pass it off as a coincidence. That was a BIG if though.

"Well then, shall we eat? What's the matter Ayanokouji-kun? Aren't you going to eat?"

"Oh."

Saying this, Kiyotaka-kun took out his chopsticks and reached for a croquette. Then, it suddenly came to me. Before he could bite into it, I shot up from my seat, knocking over the table in the process, and dashed across to their table and promptly uppercut it out of his hands, straight into Compass-chan's face. Then, while she was momentarily blinded, I snatched Kiyotaka-kun's lunch set from the table and frisbee-ed it to Perfect Existence-kun, who I had called in for the assist, which he neatly grabbed and ran away into the hall with. Enjoy the free premium lunch set, my friend.

"You–!"

Turning, I saw a seething Compass-chan, rummaging through her school bag in an attempt to find her weapon. But unfortunately for her, I had no intention of getting stabbed. Yanking Kiyotaka-kun up from his seat, I said one word to him:

"Run."

Hearing this, he nodded, and we dashed out of the cafeteria, leaving behind a crowd of curious onlookers and a girl yelling at us to get back there.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

It was another day just like any other when I decided to go visit the library. Upon reaching it, I was amazed at the sheer amount of books present, lining the walls from the floor to the ceiling. In one of the corners, I saw a cute silver-haired girl engrossed in a book. Not wanting to bother her, I took a book from the shelf, chose a quiet spot, and began to read.