chapter one

"Life-giver, sperm donor, I decided that I want to study hard. I will be locking myself in my room after dinner for the next few weeks to concentrate on studying. Please don't contact me during those hours except if the house is on fire." You declared during dinner that made your family froze in shock. It's like the time stopped and looked at you with a concerned expression on their faces.

"Did you hear that dear? Your offspring wants to study... voluntarily." Your mother whispered to your father.

"I heard it dear, I heard it."

"Is she really our daughter? don't you think someone replaced her?" Your mother said in a worried tone.

"Maybe she's sick?"

"Guys, I can hear your thoughts. I am not replaced and I am not sick. I just want change for my future for the better." You said calmly and grabbed the pork cutlet from the table.

Your parents gasped loudly. "I never thought that a day would come that you will talk about your future. My best guess is that you will stop after high school and do drugs."

"You're belittling me, dad. I have dreams, you know."

Your parents looked at each other and looked back at you, confused. "Are you serious?" Your mother asked. You smiled and nodded excitedly.

"I want to be in the top class next year!"

"But you're in the last class, the bottommost of the ladder, below the school rankings, how are you going to jump from that?"

"Just trust in me in this. I will make it happen and I will make you guys proud!" You said with full determination in your eyes. You then put your spoon down and stood up. "I'll be in my room." You said and walked away, leaving your parents dumbfounded.

"It's just a phase, dear." Your father said to your stunned mother.

"Oh god!" Hina exclaimed as she stopped her tracks and looked at you with a concerned expression.

"You look like shit, y/n," Yuzuha added, grabbed a chair, and sat in front of your desk.

"Yeah, I've been up all night trying to figure out the relation between x and ys. Explain to me how can we use these formulas in real life?"

"It depends on your career path," Hina said.

"Why don't you give up pursuing that Haitani and find someone else? Hmm?" Yuzuha said and pointed at Baji. "You're a great match with Baji!" You raised your head and looked at Baji, all smiles. He waved at you, and you lazily waved back.

"He's not hiding it." Hina said, giggling.

"He likes you, and he's easy to please. Date him instead."

"Eh? what's the point of dating if it's one-sided?"

"Exactly! What's the point of pursuing that Haitani if it is one-sided?"

"Who told you it's one-sided?"

"Err, did you hit your head?" Yuzuha cleared her throat and tried to copy Rindou's voice. "I don't like stupid people, Ring any bells?"

"For now! You'll see. He'll like me back."

"But Kyoko from his class confessed to him, and he rejected her flat straight. I heard that he insulted her too." Hina said.

"She's the prettiest and smartest in our year, right? If she got rejected then..." Yuzuha and Hina looked at you with a pity stare.

"Oi! Don't look at me with those pity eyes. I will make it happen! You'll see."