chapter thirteen

"Sorry, I'm late! I had something to do with a friend." You said, bowing at Rindou.

"Don't worry, y/n-chan. Rindou isn't going to skin you alive just because you're late for his tutor," Ran said, patting your head as he walked past you. You looked up to see Rindou, but he ignored you and went upstairs. You just stared at him, puzzled.

"What are you waiting for?" He said, glancing at you. You flinched and straightened your body.

"Coming!" Why does it feel like I am being scolded by a principal? You thought as you followed him upstairs.

"Answer these problems," Rindou instructed, handing you your activity book. Your eyes widened at how thick the pages were.

"All of these?"

"All of those."

"Oh."

"You better start answering to finish them in time." Rindou picked up his book and started to read. You looked at the problem, and the numbers mixed with letters are starting to give you headaches.

Thirty minutes into answering your activity book, you glanced at Rindou, who was busy reading. Your gaze moved down to his lips, making you gulp. Even though he kissed you indirectly, you can't help but imagine what his lips feel like.

y/n, stop being a pervert! You mentally scolded yourself, shaking your head to clear your mind, but your gaze still returned to him.

"You're not going to finish that problem if you keep staring at me," Rindou commented with his eyes still fixed on his book.

Letting out a deep, sharp breath, you straightened your sit and composed yourself. "I—I want to ask you about something.

"If it's not academic related, I don't want to hear it."

"Just one question, please? I've been meaning to ask you this, but I can't find the right timing."

Rindou sighed and closed his book. "If I answer your question, will you be quiet?"

"Yes!"

"What is it?"

"Rindou, Why did you kiss me?"

"What kiss?"

"The kiss—last Christmas. It's not kiss-kiss because your hand is in between... but it's still a kiss... indirectly... I think. Is it counted as my first kiss?"

"I don't remember. Are you sure it happened?"

You froze as your cheeks began to burn in embarrassment. "Oh," you chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of your head. "Is that so? Maybe It was a dream, sorry,"

Rindou didn't respond and just went back to reading. You bit your bottom lip, closing your eyes as you mentally hit yourself for asking him that question.

This is so embarrassing! He was really drunk that night and couldn't remember anything. I shouldn't have expected anything from that kiss. Stupid y/n.

Rindou was getting ready for school when he noticed you, jumping while waving your hands from your room to get his attention. His brows instantly furrowed as he saw you smiling from ear to ear, gesturing for him to focus on you. Curious, Rindou just stood there staring at you, waiting for whatever you were trying to do.

You raise your arms halfway up, gesturing for him to remain still. You then looked around with confused expression.

Rindou, on the other hand, is tilting his head to the side, trying to figure out what you're up to. You started searching your desk, at the back, the ground, and then you started tapping your blouse, all the way down to your skirt. After a brief moment, you smiled once again and returned his gaze.