chapter twelve

You looked around, making sure that no one is watching, and then gulped. "It's Christmas, right? And it means we're giving love sooo—forgive me, father for I have sinned, I will let my earthly desires take over this time... Only this time. I promise, cross my heart hope to die—" You paused, tilting your head to the side. "No. I don't attract negative energy. I'm not going to die until I marry Rindou." Fidgeting hard, your arms slowly lifted up as you shut your eyes. You took a deep breath first before wrapping them around him, hugging the young lad tightly.

"Okay. That's enough." Removing your arms around him, you mumble as you glance across Rindou, who is still sound asleep.

You flinched when you heard a loud popping sound, followed by cheering. "Ahhh! Sorry! Sorry!" In your panic, you yanked Rindou away from your arms and gently guided him to lie down. You quickly removed your jacket and put them around him, tucking the sides so he won't get cold.

"I'm sorry, Rindou. I'll leave for now because my heart can't take it any longer; it's beating so loudly, and I don't want to die in a heart attack because like I've said, I'm going to marry you in the future, so... Goodnight! Merry Christmas! Thank you for the food! Take care! Amen!" you exclaimed in one breath before sprinting away.

Silence fills the air after you go. Rindou then slowly opened his eyes and rested his arm on his forehead. He then began to laugh as he stared at the night sky. This is the first time the young lad has laughed so freely. He's been holding himself all this time, imagining your expressions just by hearing your panicked voice.

"She really panicked over a hug," the younger Haitani paused for a moment, wiping the tears from the corners of his eyes. Ahhh! That chick. I didn't know how she did it, but she took my worries away.

"Yo! They opened the champagne. Do you want some?" Ran asked as he approached his brother. "Where is y/n, and why are you lying on the floor? You're going to get cold."

You call it madness, but I call it love, and yes, I will still love you even if you become a worm. So please go out with me, I'm running our of quotes to write. xoxo

"Shoot! I'm late." Dragging your bag, you went down the stairs in haste, You didn't even have the time to fix your tie.

"Get some food, child!" Putting some butter in his toast, your father yelled, calling your attention. You're in such a hurry that you didn't even look at him.

"I'm late, father. I'll just buy something at the school cafeteria."

"Eh? No. Take this," he said, tossing a cup of fruits at you. You quickly caught it, bit the tip of the cup, and slipped your shoes on. You mumbled a quick thank you before heading outside.

You looked around and noticed Rindou and Ran were already a few meters away. "Shoot!" you yelled, sprinting to catch up to them while dumping the fruits in your mouth. Christmas has been over for a week and a half, and you haven't spoken about what happened that night because you couldn't get a chance to ask RIndou about it. They spent their new years in their mother's hometown, and he isn't answering your line messages.

"Happy new year, Rindou! Ran!" You greeted him, with a smile.

"Happy new year, y/n." Ran greeted back, halting.

"Huh?" Confused, you stopped too. Rindou looked back, trying to figure out what his brother was doing.

"There are fruits in here." He said as he wiped the corner of your lips with his fingers and then licked them. "Peach. I like it."