chapter thirty-three

Gently pressing the piping bag, you steady your hand as much as you can for the final detail of your design. "Just a little bit more," you mumble as you draw the finishing touches. To be honest, this feels much more critical than being called by your teacher to recite in front of the class.

"Whooo!" you exclaimed as you wiped your forehead with the back of your hand. Staring at it makes your heart skip a beat.

It's a cookie with chibi Rindou drawn on it. You've seen this cookie account on the internet that draws on their cookies, and you thought that it was cute, so you tried to do it. Thankfully, everything turned out okay... No house was burned.

After you packed the cookies, you excitedly went to Haitani's to surprise Rindou, and when you rang the doorbell, Ran answered.

"Hi, y/n! Rindou is just taking a bath. Come in."

"Shoot! I forgot to do a fresh-out-of-shower Rindou!"

"Huh?" Ran looked back, confused.

"Oh, I was talking about the cookies," you happily said, and you presented him with a box with kuromi prints on it. "I baked these cookies as a congratulatory gift for Rindou."

"Oh, yeah! He's having an award ceremony tomorrow, right?" Ran said and sat on the couch. You followed and sat next to him, placing the box on their small coffee table.

"Yes, yes! I can't be there with him because of the exams, so I thought to give him cookies instead."

"You're such a thoughtful girlfriend, y/n," Ran smiled and patted your head. You immediately blushed upon hearing the word 'girlfriend.' Until now, you still can't believe that you won Rindou's heart, and every time you hear that word, you feel like you're floating on cloud nine.

Trying to hide the redness of yoru cheeks, you covered them with your hands. "Really? Will Rindou feel it? I mean, my love for him?"

"He may be dense in the romantic category, but he's not numb... I hope." Ran said, shaking his head. "I'm sure that your feelings will reach him."

Your smiles widened a lot more. Ran's words gave you a lot of motivation to continue making Rindou feel that he's loved. The best brother-in-law in the world!

"Ah! Do you want to see the cookies that I baked? I also made Ran versions of them."

"Ran version?"

You ecstatically nodded and opened the box. You then happily described every cookie in there. "So, this is pissed Rindou... this one is happy Rindou... this one is disappointed Rindou and this one is strict tutor Rindou."

Ran looked at the cookies, and they all looked the same. The signature stoic face of his brother. "Are you sure that these are his different facial expressions?"

"Yes! When you look at the details, the pissed Rindou has arch brows, and the happy Rindou smiles a lot more than the rest."

Ran tilted his head to the side, trying to figure out where the arch brows and a smile were in the cookies, but failed to find them. He snapped out of his trance when you pulled more out of the box.

"And this is for you, Ran! This is the supportive Ran, the playful Ran, and the Ran with chipped tooth." you said, handing him the cookies.

Ran can't help but chuckle as he finds the cookies cute and your gesture as well. If Rindou lets her slip away, I will beat his ass until he realizes how valuable y/n is! There are just a few people out there who can love unconditionally like her.

"y/n..."

"Hmm?" you hummed, as you stopped fixing the cookies in the box and returned your gaze to the older Haitani.