chapter twenty-nine

"Rin! I swear I didn't know about the... the... the..." You paused and fastened your pace to match his. "That thing. I'm not a pervert!" you whispered, leaning to his side. Rindou didn't respond, but instead, he gave you a side glance before walking ahead of you.

You stopped walking for a few moments because you felt dejected. Lifting your head up, you saw him getting far, so you started walking again, but this time you were a lot slower, letting him walk ahead. 

"Now, I'd really done it, huh? I thought with this date, I could at least shorten our gap, but I guess I failed," you sighed, dropping your shoulders.

Lost in your own thoughts, you continued walking at a slower pace. You're replaying everything you've done wrong on your date and mentally beating yourself for it.

"y/n,"

"Hmm?"

It happens so fast, and before you can even lift your head to meet his gaze, Rindou's hand is already on your jaws, guiding your head up. He then, without a word, kisses your cheek, pressing his soft lips against your skin.

You were so taken aback by his action that you couldn't even blink. Hell, you also forgot how to breathe. Rindou took that chance and leaned a bit closer to your ear.

"See you at school," he said quietly before walking to his house.

You, unable to move, watched him disappear from your sight. After a few seconds of staring at the absence, your gaze shifted to the front and you realized that you were already in front of your house.

"Ki... Ki... Ki... Lips... cheeks... Ki..."

Rindou entered the house and saw his brother sitting on the living room couch with his legs crossed. He's smiling widely while reading a manga.

"I'm home,"

"Welcome home, baby bro!" Ran greeted without looking at his brother. Rindou ignored the older Haitani and went straight to his room, but before he could take a step on the stairs, Ran spoke.

"OMG! He kissed her! Ah! Finally! After 29 chapters!" Ran said excitedly out loud, causing the younger Haitani to almost trip on the steps.

"What?!"

Ran, acting confused, looked at his brother. "Huh? What is it?"

The younger Haitani moved his gaze to the manga in his brother's hands before returning his eyes to Ran.

"Your manga is upside down."

You know, Rin... I could be anything in this world, but I wanted to be yours! 

PS: I like like like you! ^-^

Rindou subtly smiled while reading your morning note. Realizing what he did, he shook his head, grabbed his bag and then exited the room. In their dining, Ran is grabbing a bite and was about to ask his brother to join, but before he could open his mouth, Rindou was already outside the front door.

As soon as Rindou step outside their house, he saw you in your usual spot, waiting.

"Good morning, Rindou!"

"Morning," he greeted back, earning a loud gasp from you.

"Is it the end of the world? Did I hear it right? You greeted me back?"

Rindou remained stoic, but he flicked your forehead. "What's with that exaggerated reaction?" He said and walked ahead you.

"Ow!" You rubbed your forehead and followed him. "I'm just shocked! Every morning when I greet you, you only give me side glances. This is the first time that you greeted me back. Of course, I'd be shocked, but I'm happy!"