chapter thirty-one

"Now that you and y/n are dating, what do you think of her?"

"Huh?"

"C'mon, Rin. Don't tell me that you haven't changed the way you see her. It should be different now, right? Since she's your girlfriend."

"Do I really have to answer that?"

"Well, yes! Of course, so that your nosy big brother will find his peace. I can't sleep if I don't catch the latest gossip of my favorite ship. Also, I need a reward for my effort in helping that ship sail."

"Ship? Sail? You're talking nonsense, Ran."

"Oh dear brother, are you living under a rock? Ship! Internet slang for romantic relation-SHIP! I've been rooting for you and y/n since the beginning, you know."

"The more you hang out with y/n, the weirder you get."

"Yeah, yeah... So, what do you think of her?"

"You're still not dropping the subject, huh, Ran?"

"Nope. Not until you answer me."

"..."

"So?"

"She's like air."

"What does he mean by 'She's like air'? Is that even a good thing? Was he out of good words to describe me? What's with 'Air'? I don't understand," you asked, resting your head on your palms. Ever since you accidentally heard the conversations of the two brothers, you can't stop thinking about it.

"Relax, y/n. Air has a lot of good meaning! Like..." Hina paused and tapped her chin while thinking. "Like..."

"Air is invisible, right?" Yuzuha added.

"Invisible? Then he means that I'm invisible in his eyes?" You gasped loudly. "He doesn't see me as his girlfriend?"

"I'm sure it's not what he meant by it, y/n," Hina said.

"Wait, if air is invisible and you're like air to him... does that mean that you need to keep up with him so that he can see you? I mean, academic wise, Rindou is miles away from us, right?" Momo asked. "Isn't that cruel of him? Aren't relationships always about meeting in the middle?"

You pouted. "That makes sense, Momo. Then, I need to work harder so I can stand next to him!"

"...Or it gives someone comfort," a familiar voice said behind you.

You shrieked when you felt something cold over your head. You quickly grab it, and it's a cold bottle of your favorite juice. Confused, you looked up and saw Baji standing behind you.

"Yo," he greeted, looking down.

"Baji!" you greeted back in surprise.

"Long time, no see, y/n."

"Long time, no see."

"Baji became the class' representative. That's why he's so busy, especially now that the cultural festival and sports fest season are coming," Hina explained.

Surprised, you returned your gaze to Baji. "Really? Congratulations! Does this mean that you finally graduated from your delinquent era?"

Baji chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "You can say that... Also, a cute golden retriever taught me to be the better version of myself. She also inspires me to think about my future; that's why I am trying my best."

"A dog? Do you have a new pet? I wanna see!"

Baji smiled and messed with your hair. "See you!" He said and waved goodbye before walking away. You clenched the juice bottle and waved at him, feeling proud of what he's accomplishing right now.