chapter six

Monday comes, Rindou glance at your window and reads the message that you left. It's starting to be a part of his daily routine, and not going to lie, he finds it amusing reading the quotes you wrote that were mostly wrong.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is never wasted.

Source: google.

"Did she credit google?" He whispered, lifting the side of his lips a little.

Kicking the stones with your feet, you're waiting for Rindou to come out so you can walk with him to school.

Shortly after, their gate opens. You quickly fixed yourself and greeted him with a smile.

"Good Morning, Rindou!"

He didn't respond like he always do so you just followed him. While walking, you thought of how far your distance was from him.

What if I take a step forward? Will it be okay? You thought and walked a little faster. You tried it again... and again... and again until you're beside him, matching his pace.

You peeked at him, bending a little to see his reaction, and surprisingly, he was not mad.

"Can I ask—"

"No."

"Oh, okay. Maybe next time."

Rindou glanced at you and saw your smiling face. Why is she happy all the time?

So he's not mad that I am walking beside him? This is progress! You thought as you tried to hide your smiles but failed. You just happily walk beside him and enjoy the moment even though it's quiet.

"y/n!" Baji called you, waving his hand. He's waiting at the school gate.

"Hi Baji, good morning!" You waved back, and he jogged towards you.

"Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yeah, you." He said with a smile, glanced at Rindou, and took your bag from your shoulder. "I'll carry this."

Rindou didn't stop and just continued walking, passing you and Baji. You followed him with your eyes, pouting a little. He finally allowed me to walk beside him but it was only for a short time. But don't worry, self. We can try again tomorrow! You thought as your gaze went back to Baji.

"You don't have to carry my stuff. I can do it."

"It's fine and besides, carrying heavy stuff will stop you from growing." Baji smiles, showing his fangs then patting your head a couple of times.

"Eh! I can still grow, just see!" You said, tiptoe your feed, and messed with his hair. Baji instantly blushed but quickly hide it by holding your wrist. He then dragged you inside the school.

"Let's go." He said, walking ahead of you. He doesn't want you to see that he's red as a tomato.

"I am not a lost child. I can walk, Baji," You chuckled, and walked a little faster to match his pace.

"If I don't hold you tightly, someone might steal you away from me."

"Huh?"

"I said let's buy some drinks. my treat."

"Oh, free! I love free." You smiled widely with Baji still holding your hand.

"It's impressive that she's extremely dense," Ran said as he stood beside his brother, they were looking at the huge window of Rin's clsssroom.

"Why are you here?"

"Wandering around."

"Go to your floor," Rindou said and walked past Ran.