chapter three

Rindou is preparing his things when his eyes caught your window that is adjacent to his room. There are a bunch of sticky notes aligned to create a message. Curious about what you wrote for the day, he adjusted his glasses and read it.

Every cloud has a silver lining. So if things won't go in your way... make them go in your way! Good morning, Rindou! <3 was written.

"What does she even mean by that?" Rindou said, shaking his head.

Every day, you leave messages on your window in hopes that Rindou will see them and help him to start his day with positivity. You then wait for him outside their gate but always ended up walking with Ran to school instead.

Someday, I'll walk beside you.

Yuzuha entered the classroom and the first thing she noticed was that you and Baji were both wearing eyeglasses while seriously reading a book. Confused, she slowly made her way to Hina.

"What is happening with those two? It's early in the morning." Yuzuha asked.

"Well, y/n wanted to be in the top class next year so, Baji there decided to follow y/n and be in the top class too."

"Wow. Are they playing tags?"

"Seems like it." Hina shrugged her shoulders but Yuzuha could see the amusement in her eyes. "They really are something."

"Yeah. They share the same brain cells." Yuzuha chuckled.

After your class, you decided to stay so you can study in the library. It's been weeks since you decided to study hard and you still don't have any progress with any of your subjects. If this continues, I won't be able to make it to the top class next year. You thought.

As you were walking your way there, someone held your arm and pulled you to an empty room.

"What?"

"Yo!" Ran greeted you with a smile, raising his hand to wave.

"Ran-nii... senpai!"

"Glad I caught you. Let's go home together."

"But" You pointed outside. "I need to study—"

"About studying, I can help you with that." He said with a wide grin on his face.

"Really?" Your eyes light like a kid and he just nodded in response.

"I can be your tutor. Just drop by our house before dinner." He leaned a little "And bring snacks." He whispered before distancing himself.

You smiled widely with excitement. You then looked around and leaned a little closer to him. "Is the dude with a name that rhymes with Frodo will be there?"

"What?" Ran covered his mouth suppressing his laughter. "Of course, he'll be there. It's our house."

"Then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" You said, clinging your arms around his arm. Ran got caught off guard but laugh it off.

You both walked past Rindou who was at his club meeting but you didn't notice as you were excited to go home. Rindou just followed you with his eyes. Ran waved at him and Rindou just clicked his tongue, shifting his gaze back at the meeting.

This is going to be interesting. Ran thought.

After you got home, you immediately changed clothes and went to a convenience store nearby to grab some snacks then went straight to Haitani's residence. You fixed yourself first before ringing the doorbell.

"Is this my lucky day?" You said smiling widely at Rindou.

"Why are you here?"

"I invited her, Rin. y/n, come in." Ran said and greeted you with a smile. Rindou glared at you and clicked his tongue before walking away. Ran gestured a thumbs up so you raised your fingers to do the same.