chapter five

Rindou is looking at his hands full of bandaids that were not properly placed. Some are overlapping each other and some are way too far from his scratch. You were too nervous earlier because it was the first time you touched his hands that you ended up cleaning his wounds with one eye closed.

"She can't even do this properly. How can she survive sixteen years?"

You peeked from the wall of their dining area, "Hi?" You greeted him. Rindou looked at you but didn't respond.

"Thank you for letting me stay. I'll make sure to pay you back for your kindness." You walked in, holding a plastic bag. You then put them on the dining table. It's all the snacks Rindou bought earlier. "Here, I—I ran to the convenience store to replace the snacks."

Rindou looked at it and sighed. "You can use the bath first before sleeping. Ran's room is on the second floor, second door to the left."

"Ah, no! It's okay... I'm okay with the living room couch. I don't want to be a bother."

"It's cold but suit yourself." He stood up and walked past you.

"Ah, Rindou." You called. He halted and looked back.

"Yeah?"

"I uhm—" You looked away, "I don't have spare clothes."

Rindou's left eyebrow raised a little, making you flinch. Oh, no he's mad. He then let out a deep breath.

"Wait here."

You nodded and slowly sat at the dining table. Rindou then walked away, leaving you. You put your elbows on the table and rest your head on your palms as you can't help but smile, imagining him lending you his clothes.

"This was like in the shoujo mangas where the boyfriends were lending their oversized clothes to their girlfriends! Ah! it will feel like Rindou is hugging me."

You got out of your daydreaming when someone dropped a pair of pajamas on the table, You quickly sat straight and looked at him.

"Clothes. Thank you!"

"Whatever." He said and you nodded in response.

"Then, I'll be taking the bath first." You quickly scoop the clothes on the table and smelled them discreetly but still too obvious for Rindou. You then slightly bowed and walked past him. Three steps later, you halted.

"Ah, Rindou?"

Rindou closed his eyes tightly before answering. "Yeah?"

"Where's the bathroom?"

"Ah! a warm bath can solve a bad day." You mumbled, drying your hair with a small towel. You still can't believe that you're wearing his clothes and it smells nice... it smells like him.

"Rindou, I'm done... you can use—" You halted when you saw him sitting on the living room couch, resting his head on his fist, crossed legs and his eyes were closed.

He's asleep? You thought and tiptoed your way towards him. You slowly crouched down and stared at his sleeping face. "Your sleeping face is also beautiful." You whispered. As you were about to remove his hair away from his face, He suddenly opened his eyes, surprising you.

"Oh!" You let out a faint shriek and fell on your butt. "Ow, ow, ow."

"What are you doing?"

"Uhm... Nothing. I was just going to tell you that the bath is ready."

Rindou stood up and walked past you. "Good night, Rindou." You said but as usual, he ignored you.

After you dried your hair, you lay on their couch. Rindou didn't even bother to give you a blanket or pillow but it's okay, you're still grateful that you're not staying in a net cafe all night, eating noodles. His clothes are enough to keep you warm all night.