chapter fifteen

Rindou let go of the kiss, and your hand slowly loosened its grip from his shirt and slipped down.

"y/n?" he asked as he waved his hand in front of your eyes. "Oi! Are you okay? Wait, are you still breathing?" He shook your shoulder a little, but you didn't budge as you're still frozen like a statue in front of him.

"Oi! you're scaring me." He leaned in close to check if you're still breathing but flinched when you exhaled deeply as if you'd just awoken from the dead.

"Jeez! You really stopped breathi—" He paused when you held his cheeks and pinch them hard. "Ow, ow, ow!"

"Shit! So it was all a dream? The pinch didn't hurt," You muttered as you rubbed your chin, tilted your head to the side and looked at him. "This has to be a dream. Rindou will never be this nice to me, let alone kiss me."

Rindou was torn between laughing and being annoyed by your dumbness. "Of course, you won't feel anything. Rather than pinching yourself, you pinched me, so I'm the one who felt the sting!"

"Ahh! I take it back! You're still grumpy even in my dreams." you said, poking his nose.

Frustrated, Rindou ran his fingers through his hair. "Idiot," he said as he grabbed your wrist and pinned them to the wall. He then leaned in close to kiss you again. Your eyes widened as you couldn't believe how real this kiss felt.

"Ouch!" You felt the sharp sting when he bit your lower lip a little hard. After a while, he took a step back and stared at you.

"Now, does this still feel like a dream?"

"Huh? What?! This? This? This? This? This..."

"y/n!"

"Hai! Yes! I mean, This is real! Is this real?"

"Calm down! Or do you want me to bite you again?"

"No!" You put your hand over his mouth to stop him. When you felt his warm breath, you quickly let go of it and looked away.

There's a brief silence between the two of you. You're trying to understand the situation but the feelings are overwhelming. A few nights ago, you're bawling your eyes out, and now he kissed you and this time it's for real.

Rindou on the other hand, couldn't believe that he did that to you. It was in the heat of the moment and his body didn't listen to his brain and moved on its own.

"You kissed me," you said quietly, not looking at him. You still can't face him because your face is extremely hot and you're probably blushing now.

"Yes. I did."

"Twice."

"I know how to count, y/n."

"That was my first kiss."

"I know."

"You stole it."

"Do you want me to give it back?"

"No. Keep it. At this rate, I might die if you kiss me again. Not that I don't like it, don't get me wrong I'm all yours, but I'm still hurt by your words, though I deserve 39.999% of it."

Rindou chuckled and leaned his back against the wall next to you. Silenced filled the air once again.

"I'm sorry for saying those things to you. I didn't mean it... maybe a little,"

You were taken aback when he apologized, but you tried your best to act normal in order to avoid further embarrassment. You then took a deep breath and cleared your throat before responding.

"Well, I—I'm also at fault because I became pushy with my feelings, so I understand why you said those words.... a little,"

"The truth is y/n, you're annoying."