chapter ten

"Do you have plans this Christmas, y/n?" Hina asked.

"I want to ask Rindou out on a Christmas date... exchange gifts, then eat some cakes after."

"Isn't that what couples do?" Yuzuha asked, hitting you with reality. "You're not even a couple, and he barely acknowledges your presence."

"Eh... Don't ruin it, Yuzuha! I can feel it... I can feel him gradually falling for me." You said. Yuzuha didn't respond and simply shook her head, knowing she couldn't win with you.

You're in the school hallways with Hina and Yuzuha, passing time before your next subject when suddenly your classmates squeal. Your ears twitched as you felt Rindou's presence approaching.

"Woah! This is like those trending drama series where the lead character will walk, and the sea of students will part in half. What's that show called? Meteor shower?" Yuzuha commented while she drank her juice.

"It's meteor garden, Yuzuha," Hina corrected.

"Yeah, yeah! That one."

When you saw him getting close, your lips slowly curved upwards. You're at his house almost every day, you sometimes eat dinner with him, and you also both walk to school every day, but every time you see him, whether it's just a glance or accidentally bumping into each other, your heart won't stop pounding. It is as if you're seeing him for the first time again... That time at the entrance ceremony. Same feelings. Nothing had changed.

"Hi, Rindou! What are you doing in the commoner's hallway? Are you perhaps here to visit your commoner wif—I mean neighbor? me?" You asked. Rindou didn't even look at you and kept walking, eliciting laughter from your classmates.

"Woah. That's cold. Brrr—cold" Yuzuha said, tapping your shoulders while sipping her drink,

"Are you okay, y/n?" Hina asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You replied as you watched Rindou disappear from your sight. "I'm just wondering if what happened three months ago was real or if I was hallucinating."

"About the forehead kiss?" Hina asked.

"You're probably hallucinating," Yuzuha answered.

"Geez! But still, it felt so real!" you exclaimed, pausing to lightly stomp your feet. "If he kissed me on the forehead, he should be nice to me, and not treat me this cold, right?"

"Yes." Hina and Yuzuha said in unison. You pouted and snatched Yuzuha's drink, sipping it.

"Ah, I thought we already had something. Now I'm back to square one."

"That's fine, y/n. You still have two years to pursue him until we graduate." Hina said.

"Yeah! Just like what they say... Try and try until you die."

"y/n, it's try and try until you succeed." Yuzuha shook her head in disbelief.

While Hina and Yuzuha are comforting you, Baji is leaning his side on the door frame, clutching his fist.

It's the end of the class, and you've already left with Hina and Yuzuha. You all agreed to visit the new dog café nearby to try their desserts and play with their dogs.

"Haitani," Baji called Rindou, who was busy reading a book. He's in the top section's classroom, and the few students around them are puzzled as to why a lower section student is in their room.

"Do I know you?"

"I need to talk to you."

"No," Rindou replied and stood up. He was about to walk when Baji held his arm.