Max Mayfield||Skateboarding

"So, what do you wanna do?" My best friend Max asks, waking me from my trance. I've been zoning out quite a bit lately. All the stress and pressure of life. It doesn't help that I like my girl best friend.
"Earth to Y/N," Max says, waving her hands in front of my face.
"Oh-we could go skateboarding," I suggest. I rode my skateboard here so I already have it. And plus I love skateboarding with Max. Suddenly Max's brother Billy barges in.
"Who the hell are you?" Billy asks.
"I-I'm Y/N," I say back. I've always been pretty nervous of encountering Billy. And now it's happening.
"Billy get out!" Max yells.
"No! You get her out!" Billy yells back. Max takes my hand and drags me out the room. She grabs her skateboard and I grab mine and we walk out the door.
"Hey...Max, are you okay?" I ask.
"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just go to the skate park," Max says. She puts down her skateboard and gets on.
"Okay, if you say so," I respond, and hop on my board.
                                       •   •   •
We reach the skate park and it's not very crowded. I go to the ramps and Max follows. Max starts angrily riding her board.
"I mean, why does he get to control everything?!" Max asks no one in particular.
"Well, why should he?" I ask. Catching up to her with my board.
"He shouldn't! He's such an asshole! I was okay until he came along!" Max yells.
"I'm sorry," I say.
"It's whatever," Max says. There's an awkward silence until she speaks again,
"T-Thanks, for everything. For listening to my rants and stuff like that," I stop riding my board. She looks over at me and stops too.
"What?" Max asks. I hug her. Shit, what am I doing? I know she doesn't really like affection. Max pulls away and smiles. She looks into my eyes. Then she does something I've always wanted to happen. She kisses me. My eyes widen but I eventually kiss her back. The moment is surreal. Everything around me floats away and it's just me and Max. Eventually she pulls away.
"I like you. Like really like you. And I know it's weird because well I'm a girl and you're a girl so if you don't like me back I understand but-" I cut her off by kissing her again. I pull away and say,
"I like you too,"