Max's Reaction to Your Death

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺 !
this is kinda similar to how billy died. so i guess this is set in season 3? correct me if i'm wrong. also, this was requested. oh and...this is very sad...enjoy!

•  •  •

I start trembling, and my knees begin to feel weak. I have just been gutted by this stupid fucking demogorgon. I fall to the floor, my legs unable to carry my body anymore. My brows furrow. This wasn't supposed to happen. I start to choke and cough. I spit up my own blood. Max darts over to me, her mouth agape. She hovers over my limp, nearly dead body. I smile. What else is there to do?

"No, Y/N, no! Shit, it's fine! Everything's fine! You just-You just have to get up! I-Please! I can't lose you too! Please, get up!" Max pleads, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes. I keep my smile on my face.

"It's okay, Max. I'm okay," I hush the red haired girl. At this point, Max is sobbing hysterically. My heart breaks at the sight of her being so sad. I've never seen her cry before. "Everything is fine." My body becomes weaker and weaker, until everything is just numb. Is this what it feels like...to die?

"No, no! Please, don't leave me! Please, Y/N!" Max begs, crying her eyes out.

"I l-love you Maxine Mayfield. I-I always have, and I always will," I falter. It's hard to speak. It's hard to breathe. "You are such an amazing p-person, and I wish I could've stayed with you longer."

"I love you too," Max responds, her lips trembling. I smile one last time, before I close my eyes. Blackness overtakes me, but so does serenity. And throughout my sorrow, there is light. I know that Max will be okay. And I also know that there will be no more pain or suffering. Everything is okay. Everything is fine.

"Y/N!" I hear Max shout. Though, it's quite muffled. And that's it, I'm gone.