NOTES & HEADCANONS

Hi! I just wanted to clarify that whilst in the beginning of writing this fan fiction I was unaware that another creator on this platform had included narcolepsy into their fanfic. I can promise you I am not trying to copy them in any way.

As of 31/07/22 ( 31st Of July ) I have discovered a fan fiction named ARABELLA by the lovely creator
M-MILK0VICH and have read it not only to make sure my story does not come off as plagiarism, but enjoyed reading each and every chapter published and even been brought to tears at some points.
(which is very rare for me lol)
I have finished reading it as of 03/08/22 ( 3rd of August ) and I think you should definitely check it out along with their other works!

I have worked on this fanfic for quite a while, and hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. <3

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to read ARABELLA by M-MILK0VICH too! :)

I would also like to point out that I use Wilbur's real name a lot in this book, if he is uncomfortable with this then I can change it to Wilbur. I think his real name is as nice as his pseudonym but I used it for more authenticity with the story I am portraying. :)

Just a little insight onto what Narcolepsy actually is, courtesy of Wikipedia :

Narcolepsy is a long-term neurological disorder that involves a decreased ability to regulate sleep–wake cycles. Symptoms often include periods of excessive daytime sleepiness and brief involuntary sleep episodes. About 70% of those affected also experience episodes of sudden loss of muscle strength, known as cataplexy. Narcolepsy paired with cataplexy is evidenced to be an autoimmune disorder. These experiences of cataplexy can be brought on by strong emotions. Less commonly, there may be vivid hallucinations or an inability to move (sleep paralysis) while falling asleep or waking up. People with narcolepsy tend to sleep about the same number of hours per day as people without, but the quality of sleep tends to be lessened.

From what I have read too, the effects of Narcolepsy can be lessened through medication, but it isn't always reliable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes and Headcannons for the plot <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Celia and Theo have always looked forward to starting and expanding a family, and already considered Will as a little brother to them, despite the small age gap.

2) Alaeia is a very eager ball of love, always doing what she thinks will make the people around her the happiest. She shares almost the same innocence and joy at little things as Ghostbur, and her friend often reminds her of their similarities.

3) Alaeia can play the drums and can sing quite well, but rarely shows her talents due to rare spurts of social anxiety. She can often be found quietly sitting in her room whilst practicing a newfound beat and humming along to unknown lyrics.

4) Phil looks after everyone as if he was their dad. ( as per usual in most fanfics I've read lol )

5) Alaeia has Iron Deficiency and very mild Narcolepsy, meaning that she has regular lightheadedness and sometimes randomly falls asleep.

6) Alaeia is 22 years old, and her birthday is the 15/10 (15th of October)

Warnings before every chapter will be very apparent, so keep a look out! Thank you for choosing to read this!

Best font to read in : Helvetica Neue

Enjoy!