One

Kalani:

I wake up at 6 in the morning as usual. Starting my day the same every morning doing regular hygiene regiments. I go downstairs to make some breakfast.

I own and live in a two story house. I do live alone, but I have my German Shepherd to keep me company.

I open the fridge and get some milk. Feeling tired to make a better breakfast, I grab cereal and start preparing it. Finishing up prepping my breakfast, I hear him whine.

I sigh and put my bowl of cereal down and start filling his food and water bowl up. "I would never forget to feed you Kade." I pet him quickly before I give him his command to eat.

Kade is a trained 2 year old German Shepherd. He's really big may I add. I named him after my father. His nickname was Kade, but his full name was Kadence. As you can tell, I was a daddy's girl.

I walk back behind the counter and sit down. I eat my breakfast while scrolling through my phone.

A few minutes later, Kade and I finish our breakfast. I clean up after him before jogging upstairs to finish getting ready. I shower and change into my scrubs. I don't really wear makeup, so I skip it and curl my hair.

An hour later, I kiss Kade's head and grab all my things before locking my front door. I start walking to the hospital that is 5 minutes away from my house.

I arrive and greet all the nurses and patients. I get to my office and close the door. I internally groan. "This is gonna be another long day." I whisper to myself while putting on my white coat and stethoscope.

After ten long hours of treating patients and paperwork. I clock out and say my goodbyes to everyone before placing my white coat and stethoscope back in my office. I walk out of the hospital, groaning from how tiring my job is.

After a little while of walking, my stomach grumbles a bit. I sigh and start walking to the cafe a few minutes from where I am. I finally make it there and enter the building.

I smile at the cashier as always. He smiles back. "Hello Kalani. Nice to see you again. The usual?" I nod and pay.

I normally come to this cafe after work since I get hungry most of the time, so most employees already know me and my order.

A minute passes and he gives me my order with a smile and a little blush. I laugh, "Thank you. Also you're blushing just a bit." He turns around and covers his face while saying, "Have a nice day Kalani!" I laugh and walk out the cafe after eating my crepe.

I start walking back home but stop when I hear yelling and arguing. "Oh what do we have here?! The don all by himself?! How surprising." I wait around the corner and listen for a bit until I hear violent sounds and painful grunts.

I peak around the corner and see a man getting held at gun point by four men. One of them shoots the poor man in the shoulder laughing. The wounded man groans lowly in pain while holding his left shoulder. Damn this guy has a high pain tolerance.

I start thinking to myself quickly. This man needs help. I need to help. Yes I may not be a cop but I carry a gun with a license so I have a right to help this man... right? No, you don't even know this man and you're willing to risk your life for him? Just help him! My mind screams and I groan, making up my mind.

The men are about to shoot him again but I pull out my gun and shoot each one right between the eyes. I watch as they fall to the ground dead and I sigh for taking away four lives. I rush to go help the man that is on the ground. I kneel down by his side and the man looks at me in confusion.  "Don't touch me. Who are you?" He says sternly.