Seventeen

Lorenzo:

My father and I argued back and forth. This is ridiculous, really. I know I am going to get punished for this later, but I really don't care. My father cannot say such outrageous things. Especially trying to talk about my needed heir to continue this mafia. "You both are acting like children of Sofia's age! It's ridiculous! How dare you two talk of such private things such as a heir in front of a guest! You both are son and father so start acting like it! At least in front of others for goodness sake!" My mother yelled at us, anger and dissapointment written all over her face.

If I was her, I would be leven. My mom is a very sweet soul that can take a lot of bull, but there is only so much a woman can take. "Yes love. I suppose we did go a little over board." She scoffs. "A little, Dom?" He lets out a sigh. "Okay a lot over board. I am sorry Amore." (Love.) My father takes three big strides thanks to his long legs, and gives my mom a quick kiss in sincerity. "I'm sorry too." I murmur as my eyes roam to Alexandro and Leonardo. They look exhausted and over everything.

You may be wondering to yourself. Why didn't they just leave in the first place? Well these two idiots don't have a life and decide on keeping their asses up to listen to our drama unfold and watch. Like this whole situation is a live television show streaming. Stupid if you ask me.

"You should not be apologizing to me only. You should be apologizing to the amazing woman upstairs with Sofia." That's when I realized. Holy shit. Kalani. My father and I have been going at it for what feels like days. Who knows how long we have been screaming at each other for. Without saying a single word, I sprint out the dining room and up the many stairs. As I make it to the last step, I start to slow my pace down so I don't make so much ruckus.

Should have thought of that a few more hours ago, genius.

I silently make my way to her bedroom door and turn the knob. As I open it, I see a dim light beaming up onto the ceiling. While I slide myself through the crack created from the doorway, I notice it is her night light with butterfly shadows. She must have turned it on before she went to bed.

Normally my father turns it on because he always tucks her in and says goodnight to her before she falls into a deep slumber. However, since we had our heated moment he couldn't. For some reason that sends a stinging sensation to my heart. Sofia didn't come down to ask him to put her to bed and turn on her light, she did it all by herself.

I look down at her twin sized mattress and see the girl who saved my life a couple days ago, and my little sister cuddling as they sleep peacefully. For a few minutes I just stand and take in the scene playing out right in front of me. Kalani must have not wanted to interrupt or interfere with the conversation going on downstairs, and fell asleep. She must have been tired. Wait, what time is it?

I rotate my head towards the alarm clock with a lily flower frame. 3:20 a.m. My eyes widen in shock as I turn back to the two girls laying in front of my eyes. I should wake her up.

Stupid it's 3 in the damn morning. Just wake her up tomorrow.

I roll my eyes about the thoughts going on in my head, and take a knee on the side of the bed. I lean over and plant a soft kiss on Sofia's forehead, trying not to wake up Kalani or my sister. I stand up on my feet again and take one final glance at the two girls bundled up in each other to keep warm. "I really wish things could be different." I whisper under my breath and leave, making sure I shut the door silently to create less noise.

I make my way up to my room, not able to get the image of Kalani and Sofia out of my wandering mind. 'What should we tell her?' 'What will she think of you?' 'What will she do when she finds out?' 'What will happen if the plan follows through.'

All of these questions stack up so high in my brain that I don't see the door to my bedroom, which I collide with from not paying attention. I shake off the thoughts and enter my room. I take one long stride to conserve whatever energy I seem to have left, letting myself free fall onto the mattress. I let out a sigh of relief as I snuggle into my black covers. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I finally allowed myself to relax. I try my best to shut out all my racing thoughts when all of a sudden, one final question popped in my head that I could not block out.

'What if she will hate you?'

__________

(AN: so sorry for such a short chapter and how long this has taken. I have been so busy and I try to balance out everything. Thank you for all the love and support! <3)