Eight

Leonardo:

I smirk and take my hands off from Kalani's hips. I knew from the start she thought I was Lorenzo.

Except I'm hurt. I'm the more good looking twin.

"My apologies. My name is Leonardo Romano. Lorenzo's more attractive and better twin." I try to win her over with my words but she also looks pretty furious too.

I turn around to Enzo as he says, "I'm gonna deal with you later, but you better apologize to her right the fuck now."

I sigh, "I'm sorry. I did not mean to make you look like a fool. I just wanted to thank you for saving me-"

She slaps me. She fucking slaps me. The sound of her hand colliding with my face echoed in the room. The impact was so hard it turned my head to the right, and my cheek is probably more red than both myself and my family's red flags.

"You are unbelievable, an asshole, and a liar." She states looking up at me with the most furious look on her face.

She still looks pretty as ever.

She bumps into my shoulder, grabbing all of her stuff and wiping her mouth while she's at it. I turn around to watch her, and I see the actual Lorenzo. I want to punch that stupid little grin off his face so badly, even though it should be me deserving the punch in reality.

She walks to the doorway to leave but realizes Enzo is blocking it. She sighs, "I'm sorry for my anger and this conflict. I thought Leonardo was you. I apologize again."

I look at Enzo and see his grin turn even bigger. He looks so stupid. "No need to apologize love, this isn't your fault and I don't blame you. I'm sorry for my stupid brother's actions."

She gives gives him a slight smile. "Thank you Lorenzo. I'm going back to the hospital to get him some antibiotics to help with the healing and prevent infection."

"No need, I can just drive us both there and pick it up. Then we can come back so you can take your car home." He insists.

The hell is he trying to do? Fuck her right now?

She thinks, "Okay but only for this one time." He smirks and nods. She leaves the room to get a head start on our obnoxious stairs.

Lorenzo turns to me, "If you ever try that shit again. I promise you, I will kill you." I scoff. "Why? All because you wanted to kiss her first? Tough luck brother, because I already did."

He walks over to me and punches me, impacting my jaw. "I deserved that." I groan shaking my face. "Now go to your lover girl, she's waiting." He scoffs and leaves, slamming my door.

Lorenzo:

I slam Leonardo's door and start walking down the stairs. I can't believe him. She does him a favor and saves his life, and he repays her by kissing her? Bullshit. He just wanted to kiss her before me.

Well congratu-fucking-lations Leo.

I catch up to her, "Hey sorry I took long." We make our way to the door. "It's okay." She gives me a warm smile.

I open the door for her and she steps out. "Wow. The Italian Mafia leader opening my door and being my own personal chauffeur. What a dream!" She says sarcastically which makes me chuckle. "Follow me." I guide her to my garage full of my dream cars.

Hey if this is a one time thing as she says, I'm gonna go all out.

"Pick." She looks at me like I'm crazy. "What? Gotta make the best of it."

Yes I am being a total kiss ass right now. Why? I don't really know but I don't like it.

She picks my black Lamborghini. I grin. "My favorite. You have amazing taste." I open the door for her then I get in. I reverse out of the garage and I start driving to the hospital.

A few minutes of awkward silence go by. I should say something.

Don't say some stupid shit Lorenzo, or we're gonna have to ask fellow Alexandro to kick our ass later.

"What do you want with me?" She beats me to a conversation. An interesting one I must say. But damn, this woman gets straight to the point. She gets to what she wants. And I like that.

"What do you mean?" I play dumb. I know what she means, but I stall. I actually don't know exactly what I want with her either... if I'm being completely honest.

I see her gaze fall on me from the corner of my eye. I want to look at her so bad but I don't want to cause an accident due to this ridiculously stupid traffic.

"I mean like... you're the Italian Mafia Boss. I'm just a doctor that happened to have saved you and your brother. Now you're driving me back to my work to pick up antibiotics for your twin... why?" I stay silent for a minute... why am I being this nice? Normally I don't give two shits about any woman, besides respect them. I don't socialize with much women... intentionally.

I notice her shift in her seat, obviously uncomfortable by my silence. "Why me? What do you want from me?" I pull up to the hospital and park. I look over and stare intensely in her eyes.

For the first time... I see the fear. Usually, I thrive for it. I love seeing how much I scare and threaten people. But right now... with her. I don't want that. I hate that she might be scared of me right now.

"Kalani-" she opens the door, not breaking eye contact. "I'll just go in and get the meds. After, can we please just go." She pleads. I sigh and nod, still staring deeply in her eyes.

She closes my door and speed walks to the front door. I see her walk in and get greeted by some guard and I look away. I don't know why she has this effect on me. I don't know why she makes me feel this way. I don't know... why I care.

I recline back my seat and take a deep sigh. What am I thinking? What have I gotten myself into? Even tho I have these feelings for her... it would never work. She is a doctor. I'm a mafia boss. She could never love me... I'm a monster. I know that. We would never work. Or... would we?