Greenie's a weirdo

A/N I'd like to connect with the people who read this, if anyone does. (I'm posting this the same day as the first one) So I'm going to start asking trivia. The question is going to have to do with the book of whoever's point of view it is, so this time it's Maze Runner! Q: Who attacked Thomas by the graveyard and why? No cheating, try to answer off of memory!

Newt

This new greenie has a secret. He is even stranger than Thomas. First, he shows up in all black with a silver skull ring! Who has a ring? Then he says his last name. No one knows their LAST NAME!! But that's not all. He shows up with a strange black sword. Then when I asked him about it he denys it. Not only did he deny it, when asked him about it, he denyed about denying about it! We need to get to a private place quick, or I am going to die of curiosity.

When we were finally done with lunch, I guided him to the forest. "Spill the secret," I demanded.

"Well, you get right to the point," he observed.

"When someone shows up with a shucking sword, I want to know what's up." He seems a little taken aback. Why? I've already confronted him about it.

"Okay, but first do you know about Greek mythology?" Where is this going?

"I mean a little. It's been a while since learning about it in school, which I vaugely remember," I replied.

"Okay, well all that stuff is real. All the gods and the legends."

That struck me like a blow to the stomach; however, I wasn't that surprised. "That still doesn't exactly explain anything," I pointed out.

"If you just let me explain more, I'd get to that." He replied, irretiblly,"Anyway, you know how in the myths, the gods go off, and have children with mortals, demigods? Well, I'm one of them."

"Seriously? Who's child are you?" This guy is all levels of crazy.

"If I tell you, can you please not treat me like an outsider?"

Oh gosh, are we going to need the healers for this 'important' information he's about to dump? "You already are one, Greeny. Why would he think I'd freak out?" I, personally, think that's really bloody cool."

"Because, I'm the son of Hades," he replied.

"Okay, but still not explaining the sword." I rolled my hand in the universal motion to force Nico to get to the point. He scowled at me.

"You see, demigods send off a powerful arua, especially children of the Big Three, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon. And it attracts monsters, so we carry swords to defend ourselves. But don't worry, I won't go around hurting people like, whatda call them? Gladers? With my sword because it is Stygian Iron. This, Celestial Bronze, and Imperial Gold can only harm half-bloods and other mythological beings," he explained while giving me an example. "See," he said as he gave himself a small gash on the leg. Next, he leaned over to do it to me and asked, "May I? It shouldn't harm you."

"Sure, I guess" I replied as his sword did, in fact, harm me. "C'mon! you said it wouldn't hurt me!"

Nico half mumbled, "I guess he actually is one." He said louder,"I said it shouldn't, but guess what?" he asked without giving me time to reply as an evil grin spread across his face," You're a demigod"

WHAT!!!! Just as I was thinking how cool this was, it got noticablly brighter. Nico stared at awe to a spot above my head. I looked up and saw in gold (anyone know who the parent is?) A lyre icon, floating above my head! I am actually the son of Apollo!

"You seriously can't tell anyone, not even your best friend." Nico warned me.

"Do you know if anyone else is a demigod?" I asked, rather curiosly. Just then I heard a rustling from a bush next to us. We both sat bolt upright, as a bright teenage figure walked out from behind the bush. Nico stood up and bowed while saying, "Lord Apollo." I was dumbstruck. I said something super intelligent like, "hi." This is my dad!!

"So, why did you come here?" Nico asked.

"Well first of all, to see my son. Hi. And to warn you: an infectious disease has spread through the world. You and your friends, Nico, didn't notice it because you were in a highly secure physility." My DAD, still can't belive that, replied.

"'Highly secure'?!! We had to fight monsters daily just to stay alive!" Nico exploded.

"Well it kept you from the virus, the Flare, from infecting you, so it did the job."

"Anyway, what do you want us to do about it?" I butted in to stop the heated discussion.

"We need you to prevent it from ever happening." Apollo said.