Chapter Three: Willy

NOVA'S P.O.V

  My dad heard some splashing noises near Willy's tank so we both went to check.
"You sure you heard something?" I asked.
"Yeah, I swear I did" he responded looking around from the stair view.
We went back down after, since there was nothing.
————————————————————
  All of a sudden there was a knock at the door so I went up to answer it.
To my surprise it was Jesse. With soaking wet clothes?
"Jesse! What happened to you?  Why are your clothes all wet?" I bombarded him with questions as dad stopped me.
"Nova..sweetheart, I think I should take care of this. Go to your room" He said with a monotone voice.
"Fine.. night Jesse,Dad " I said rolling my eyes.
————————————————————
  "You guys have to move! Leave Willy alone!" I shouted,annoyed at Wade.
Willy kept wailing and whining. It was so hard to watch.
"Okay,easy!" Rae said petting him to comfort him.
"Watch it! Watch those lines!" Dad said pointing everywhere.
Willy kept wailing though. i didn't know how to stop them.
Wade was there too,he tried to comfort Willy,but it didn't work.
"You're okay!" Dad said to Willy as he whined again.

  "Just get out of the way!" Rae said to Wade.
"I'm not in the way!" He argued back.
I saw Jesse peak his head out at the gate and I looked at him worriedly.
"This examination area is inadequate!" Rae said.
"It's all we got!" Wade said with anger.
"Well it's not enough! Holding him in the net is dangerous! We've told you that before!" I said screaming at Wade.

  "Could you finish the exam now?!" Wade asked angrily.
"No,he's acting up too much" The vet said.
Willy let out a huge cry again as I bent down to pet him.
"Shhh it'll be over soon, I promise boy.." I said smiling.

  "You and Dial bought Willy from some slime ball whale catch! He was too big and old to be caught in the first place! Then you put him in a dolphin tank alone!" Rae said chasing after Wade.
"He's not a natural performer! You expect me to work miracles?" Rae continued.
"You're paid to train him. Not analyze him" Wade said.

  "Would you two just shut up already?!" I said walking up to the both of them.
"Especially you Wade! You don't know how hard it is to train!" I said shouting at him,defending Rae.
"You're both professionals aren't you? Make it work!" Wade said to us.

  The two kept arguing so I silently went up to Jesse.
"Hey Jesse, you got any ideas?" I asked.
"I'm gonna undo that knot so Willy could escape" He whispered.
I nodded as I went to dad.
"Easy Willy! Easy Son! Untie the back lines!" Dad said pointing at the knots at he looked at Jesse.

  "Randolph what happened?!" Wade said running back along with Rae.
"I don't know the net came loose.." He responded.
————————————————————
  I was sitting on the stage beside Willy's tank as I watched him swim around in circles. Sometimes Willy would just log. That's the kind of stuff that worries me.

Jesse came with some newspaper in his hand. Judging by the smell,it was fish.
"Hey Jesse.." I said sadly.
"Hey Nova" He said unwrapping the fish from the newspaper.

Jesse all of a sudden threw the fish into the tank and started playing the harmonica again.

I saw Willy pick up the fish. He started..swimming to Jesse?
"What's the matter Willy? I thought you liked these things?" He asked the orca as Jesse took the fish from his mouth.
"Jesse,Willy knows how to eat his food" I said chuckling as Jesse tried showing Willy how to eat.
Willy kept opening his mouth wide,signalling that he did want Jesse to feed him.
"He wants me to put it in his mouth?" He asked looking at me.
"Seems like it.." I responded.

Willy kept nodding in response as Jesse sighed.
"I'll make a deal with you..Don't bite my hand off and I'll give you the fish" He said playing around with the fish in his hands.
Jesse tossed the fish right into Willy's mouth as I started to clap.

"Good job boy!" I said smiling.
Willy went back down and blew water out of his blowhole.
"You like these.." Jesse said with a smile.

Jesse fed another fish to Willy as he ate it once again. He blowed water out his blowhole in happiness.

"You should try petting him. If he allows you to feed him,I'm sure he'll allow you to pet him" I said looking to Jesse with confidence.
Jesse seemed nervous at the thought,but he proceeded to pet him slowly.
"Wow..you're like rubbery. your skin peels off..still a beautiful animal though" He said looking at Willy in awe.

"Well buddy..me and Nova have to go" Jesse said picking up the newspaper with fish inside.
"We'll save these scraps for later" He continued.
Jesse walked away as I stood up and followed behind him. Willy kept following us around though.
I smiled because no one has ever seen Willy act like this.

"You want to go with me?" Jesse asked the orca.
He chuckled at Willy's antics.

Willy started turning,raising his right fin up into the air.
"Oh I can do that too!" Jesse said raising his right arm up.
"Can you do it with your other arm? Can you wave?" Jesse asked as Willy started waving with his left fin.

I saw dad come in with some stuff and I motioned him to come closer.

"Can you dance for me?" The dirty blond boy asked yet another question.
As Jesse started spinning slowly around in circles, Willy had copied him.

I heard my dad call out for Rae as they both looked in amazement.

"Can you go in circles?" Jesse asked as he spun his body around,as if he was twirling like a ballerina.
Jesse giggled again at the orcas actions.
The two kept spinning for a while.
"Yeah look at you! Makes me dizzy" Jesse said smiling.

Jesse kept doing actions and Willy always followed along with him. It was rather cute to be honest.

I heard Rae and Dad laugh when they were sticking their tongues out at each other.
"Jess! Can you feed him?" Rae asked smiling.
"Sure I can feed him" Jesse responded. Jesse got the scraps and fed it Willy again.