Chapter Twenty: Nikki & Willy

NOVA'S P.O.V

The next day had reached, and I somehow managed to wake up bright and early. 

Suddenly the boat started rocking, spooking the crap out of me. As I walked out to the side of our boat I heard Jesse sprinting down to me to check out the cause of the boat rocking. To our surprise, it was actually Willy.

"Hey boy what took you so long?" Jesse grinned. Willy let out a sad yelp and motioned for us to follow him. Our mood had slightly changed from a happy to a sad mood.  

"Willy, what's the matter?" I asked worried about him. Willy slowly went back into the water as me, Drew, Dad, and Jesse shared a look of extreme worry. 

The 4 of us decided to go out on a small motorboat to follow Willy. We had been following Willy for a small amount of time and then all of a sudden he slightly raised his tail. 

"What's the matter, boy?" Dad asked. Jesse pointed at Willy's tail. "Is that a harpoon?" He asked. I slowly inspected it. "It's a spear from a speargun Jess" I said. 

Jesse later went down to the water to retrieve the spear from Willy's tail. 

Jesse was looking at Willy and noticed that there was another orca that was with him. "Who's that with Willy?" Jesse asked. "Looks like they know each other" He continued. 

"That's Nicky" My dad responded. Jesse looked back at the two orcas. "Is that a girl Nikki or a boy Nikki?" Jesse asked. "It's a girl Nikki, love" I answered with a slightly amused face. "Alright Willy" Jesse smirked. 

Drew was taking some pictures as Jesse called Willy over. The two orcas started to swim away seemingly giggling. "Looks like they got better things to do" Drew said. "I think I can get their attention," Dad said pulling out oranges. "Me, Novie, and Nikki spent some time together at Puget Sound. We're old friends." Dad said as he aggressively threw the orange. "There was this time when Dad dropped his lunch into the water and Nicky ate it" I said smiling. 

Nikki started devouring the oranges my Dad threw out. We were all smiling at the orcas. 

I started to toss an orange up and down and Nikki hurriedly swam extremely close to the boat. "Also, she loves to play with her food" I grinned as I tossed it in her mouth. I continued "Okay I think that's enough food for you both". "Tag time" Jesse said. Jesse and Dad then tagged the two orcas. 

Drew and Dad started to look at the computer weirdly. "What's wrong?" I asked as I held Jesse's hand. "Not sure" Dad answered. "Is she sick?" Jesse asked holding onto my hand tighter. My Dad smiled "Either Nikki has two hearts or--" Drew slightly cut him off. "Or she's gonna have a baby" She smiled. We all smiled as I let go of Jesse's hand to go to Nikki. "You're gonna be a Mama sweetheart!" I smiled petting her. "All right Willy !" Jesse smiled.